Would love a model of this.... does the 1:32 version exist ???

see very little, if any parts in the back :D :D ;):o :o ::).....shows the reliability of Masseys ;)

Or could be the fact they've all been used up  ;) ;) :o

Service Simon... not 'fix' ... get it right plllllllllllease  ;D

I thought a service van was a repair van doughnut  :P :P :P;D ;D

Yes Marky sold in the UK as a Commer.  There may be a 1/43rd ish Corgi,severl versions if I recall but I'm no Corgu expert so not totally sure, but no 1/32nd as far as I know.  Pity as I would like one as well!!

Yes Marky sold in the UK as a Commer.  There may be a 1/43rd ish Corgi,severl versions if I recall but I'm no Corgu expert so not totally sure, but no 1/32nd as far as I know.  Pity as I would like one as well!!

Thanks Peter... I thought that was the case... I can vaguely remember some going around Cambridge in the mid 70's in Laurie McConnel livery... was sure they were a commer.

Pity about the lack of 1:32 models  :'(

Thanks Peter... I thought that was the case... I can vaguely remember some going around Cambridge in the mid 70's in Laurie McConnel livery... was sure they were a commer.

Pity about the lack of 1:32 models  :'(

Oh by the way I should have added that they were the worst vehicle to drive I've ever come across.  Had the minibus version for a fortnight in East Kent in the early 1970's fetching and carrying pickers around the veg fields around Thanet.  No brakes, exessively vague steering and took about a mile downhill to reach 50!!

Tractor dealers used a variety of service vans over the years and in this country British manufactured vans were mainly used. The dealers usually had a contract with a van supplier or dealership or a direct supply contract with the manufacturers themselves and bought a 'fleet' of vans, especially the bigger dealerships and tractor franchises and would be decaled or sign-written by the suppliers.

This picture is posted somewhere back in the mist of time on the Forum as I believe that the subject of service vans has been here before but here is one that I did a few years back, not very professional but the livery and period of the van lent itself perfectly to what I intended.

DavidBrownVan.jpg