Lemken Furrow press and arm

Got myself a UH Lemken Vario Pack, took it apart, removed the packer rings and chopped the frame up.

Used the frame from the Vario Pack to start the plough press.

Pictures are probably better than me babbling about stuff I don't know about!!

P1070553_zps4df4d63f.jpg

P1070557_zps9c6440f5.jpg

P1070778_zps56c0216c.jpg

P1070777_zpsc3805888.jpg

Last one for now,

P1080187.jpg

Now need to get some decals, looking too make my own with dry rub, but never used it before, so should be interesting.

Also, the paint I put on has dried semi matt, so will nee to put a coat of gloss over the top, will do this after applying the decals.

Then will need to make some alterations to the plough, add the arm to the plough and make the linkage more realistic (already removed the "toy" fitting)

Fair play Barry, you have always kept your own work quite quiet in terms of showing it off but good on you for having a go... I mean ya know, it ain't perfect or owt . .. nothing special as far as I'm concerned. ... .. I've seen better . ..

Pwwwwwwwwwwwwwft! Who am I trying to kid, eh?!! Looks blimming fab to me, Barry. Delicate work I should think too but it looks the part for it.

• Like 1

Fair play Barry, you have always kept your own work quite quiet in terms of showing it off but good on you for having a go... I mean ya know, it ain't perfect or owt . .. nothing special as far as I'm concerned. ... .. I've seen better . ..

Pwwwwwwwwwwwwwft! Who am I trying to kid, eh?!! Looks blimming fab to me, Barry. Delicate work I should think too but it looks the part for it.

I have a stab at stuff, and I like doing these things and how they turn out, hope the pics give inspiration to other the way other have given me inspiration to have a go!

that looks a quality build barry,very intra,intrac,very fiddly!!!!!!!! look forward to seeing it finished,like your plans to work from,really high standard

It is fiddly, broken bits off many times whilst building it, will probably break it some more!!

That's a cracking build Barry,but how the hell did you get the metal hoops on this piece,

P1080145.jpg

These bits of metal Joe?

The metal is from a large tub of Nescafe (the bottom of it) this is a nice thin piece of metal that is easy to bend.

I cut a strip about 75mm wide, then bent it around a lolly-pop stick.

Then cut the shape out, holding onto the stick so my fingers didn't get to hot, with my Dremel, shaping until it looked correct.

I'm very please with the end result :)

The spring is off the UH Lemken Zirkon 10/600 power harrow that I did

what about the plans baz,where do you get them? do you do them?

It took about 6 months to find a Lemken Vario Pack parts list online (on a Russian website!!)

This parts list has diagrams of the Vario Pack.

diagram.jpg

After taking the UH VarioPress apart, I took one of the press ring into work and, after printing of the above diagram, altered the size until the diagram ring was the same size as the UH ring, thus giving me a scale diagram the correct scale to the UH ring (hope that makes sense!!!)

Then I could scale off that to determine the size of all the parts required.

The picture of the arm is from the Vario Pack brochure

Pressarm.jpg

Again, scaled it up from something, can't remember what!!!

(Copy and print the above, they may come out correctly on your printer!!!)

Edited by Barry

I found the Lemken paint colour as a RAL colour (5015) and got a paint company in Gloucester to mix a 400ml can of aerosol to that colour.

The colour is pretty much bang on, just need to gloss it up after decals are done (still working out how to do that)

Nice work Barry, you just have the small ram to make for the catch now........good luck :P:D

For Sean's benefit, this is the real thing bolted in place on my plough

Ha ha, that has been a real head scratcher, I've got the catch made, just the mechanism to do (might have to cheat, i.e miss it off!!!!)