Marky Ferguson's Workshop and those Bl**dy potato boxes !!!

Lord Ferguson

Question

• Answers 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

dam thats some pile of boxes there mj,your gonna have to build a new barn or two for those

already started one sean  :) ,same depth & twice the width with a view to using velcro at the corners to hold it together so's it can be flatpacked  :)

great idea mj,have you thought about routing out a slot system? may be a bit stronger

i'm only usung 4mm MDF ,idealy id like to get hold of some profiled  formed  plastic to clip to the sides to hold them at right angles but as of yet i can't find any :-\

off to bed now mate see you some when  :)

heres a link for them mate

http://www.ema-models.com/

they didn't do online last time i looked ,but you can order a book form them,havn't had time to look in mine for what your after yet,and busy at work althought i am in the exchange with a load of scrap tommorrow so will see what is arround for you

Heeeeeeeeeartbeat!!!! Do do doo do doo doo do...

Marcus "The Heart" Barrett, handy little tip that. Well worth posting, they are spud boxes after all so a little dirt only adds to the realism. Proper job. Any excuse to play in the dirt though I bet, that even looks like Morph in one of the pics. Closer inspection it is obviously your thumb!!

if you get yer dirt wet enough ,just dip each side into the mud & leave them to dry ,when dry just rub off the excess ;) would advise you to mark them up first with yer initials  ;)

C'mon slow coach you got to be quick with me, read the reply.  . . Top line. .. Heartbeat . . .. Tony Hart??? Oop, spelling numpty coming right up!!

Hmmm another couple of hours sleep wouldn't of gone amiss for you mate  :D :D :D :D :D

Blimey Marcus... that's Better... and a darn sight quicker... than waxing I reckon... and much more fun - that wax give me a headache as well....

Thanks for the tip - they will all be local soil colour as well I guess... ummm I'm on heavy clay crap... I think I'd better move to Ely on the sooty black land  :D

Top job there mate - keep up the good work  ;) - You need some of my mums spuds now - tell MJB's Mummy to get rolling for you  ;)

er..............i don't think your mum would want to roll my spuds ,if indeed that's the correct phrase  :-\

:D :D :D :D :D - I won't show her this post... I think we'll both get a clip around the ear  :D :D :D - And you know what mummy whacks are like  ::)

cant believe i'm posting here again after all this time  :o

well mark guess what i found !

yep given to me a few years back & found it in a box , thats right , a 'make your own stamp thing with a board of rubber letters & numbers complete with ink & stuff machine '  :D :D

well not only are the boxes stenciled , but thought i'd try this as well on the other sides , i thought it looked ok whats reckon ?