Scaloox moulds.

robl12

Question

It makes no odds to be honest. Jigstones is Scaloox. The moulds were imported from America by a guy here. He then made building sets with CD Rom instructions and sold the premade blocks under the name Scaloox. For whatever reasons, Scaloox is no longer obtainable so you have to import your own moulds from Jigstones now. I think each mould has a fairly decent lifespan. My 'stone' buildings are Scaloox and if they are mean't to be G scale. . . . who'd know ;)

Go for it Rob! ;D

Checked a g scale website and on there it says it is the same as 1 scale but as I said before the track profile is heavier.

I am sure Jez has mentioned the g scale is 1:32nd before.

G Scale is 1:22  Look here for a comprehensive Scale Chart - scroll to the bottom of the page

http://rail.felgall.com/wsib.htm  Obviously aimed at Railway modellers!!

I am going to order a set of moulds ;D ;D

just trying to work out what to cast them in ??? But think this may be a case of trying resin and a plaster mix and see what comes out best.

scaloox was a kind of plaster based block.....not sure on mix though :-\ :-\

The early stuff was plaster like, the later blocks were more coarse. If you email Jigstones the woman there will give you lots of help. She'll be happy to advise products to use and what the Scaloox blocks were made of. Just drop them a line, it'll be worth it ;)