JCB Major loader ----- 1:16 Yummy

Udimore

:o :o

Couldn't be Barry - I thought the Major alone was £50 ???

You are right Colm ..

I have been assured that the loader will be sold seperately for £25 by the middle of 2009.

Come to think of it none of this makes sense ...  :-[

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The one I bought today was being offered at £95 but was discounted to me a tad. It is a very nice detailed model but there are a few issues with it. Firstly handling to extract from the inner styrene packing. It is wired like Britain's models from underneath to the swivel point of the back-actor so it won't come out unless you remove the twisted wire, best way to do this is turn the lot upsidedown before taking the top of the inner styrene off. To lift the model out of the bottom, hold on to the top middle of the back-actor arm central pivot with finger and thumb and with the other hand finger and thumb either side the tractor below the loader in front the cab. Be wary that the rams on the back-actor are very stiff to operate and need quite a bit of force to move them. The swinging action is very loose. Also take extreme care with the front loader bucket tipping catch. The potential problem with this is that the 'hook' is plastic and the styrene top fouls it as there is a couple of 'lumps' in the moulding and the larger rear lump contacts directly on the tipping hook and will break it off right in the middle. If the hook is ok when you remove the top part of the styrene, before you put it back on remove the plastic that is covering both the smaller front and larger rear lump and discard. Then reduce the 'height' of both these lumps by half by cutting them off, then the bucket tipping mechanism will not be fouled.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

:o :o Shame on you Nick  :o :o

You obviously spent too much time with Marky in April... ;)

Now your mind is not your own and he has complete control of you  :-\

Oh dear you'll be investing in Red soon to manage your new bit of land  :o :o

:o :o Shame on you Nick  :o :o

You obviously spent too much time with Marky in April... ;)

Now your mind is not your own and he has complete control of you  :-\

Oh dear you'll be investing in Red soon to manage your new bit of land  :o :o

You can not deny there is far to much plastic in the backhoe barry... lovely model, just the most important part is plastic

Yes Nick I agree there is a lot of plastic but for me the model is stunning  :-*

Yes.... but I think it's well known in the model world that your opinion is worthless... in actual fact... as worthless as the old style pound notes in Ben's wallet... the ones where you wrote your name on them when you handed them over  :-*