The Adventures of Marky and Mavis... the MF240QD - new to me on 14th November 08

Lord Ferguson

The big question.... restore her or not ?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. The big question.... restore her or not ?

• Yep... give her the works
    • No... leave her alone

i thought a 240 type tractor was still available from MF although only the number is on the silver decal, built under license in turkey ?

they arn't Turkish built Marcus... I think they are Indian mate.... but they are Faaaaaaaar from being an MF240 - hence why you can pick a new one up for £5k over here... and Massey Ferguson took their name off them  :D :D

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marky

some nice new boots, perhaps a bit of paint on the wheel centres if you must BUT I think a bit of T-cut and polish and she'll be looking perfect. Yes replace non original caps etc and buy a new rear screen. Repainting the lot will cost loads and devalue her I believe.

MJB1

So did the owner of that Ford do some work on her to devalue or not? And if yes what did he do?

Marky

some nice new boots, perhaps a bit of paint on the wheel centres if you must BUT I think a bit of T-cut and polish and she'll be looking perfect. Yes replace non original caps etc and buy a new rear screen. Repainting the lot will cost loads and devalue her I believe.

MJB1

So did the owner of that Ford do some work on her to devalue or not? And if yes what did he do?

he's just leaving it as is , was once the main tractor , but is looking out for another scraper tractor , so he can retire this one properly bit of hayturning & mowing will all it'll get to do then , not a full resto , just a good tidy up & maybe a few patches to weld into the mudguards  ;)

thanks Ad... I bought a new Ifor in January... I've never even seen it  :o - It was intended to go behind my baler... but somehow I never got around to setting it up... it's got ramps... the works evidently.... I bought it just before the prices went up  :-[

Um nice, what size is it Marky. We have a new 14ft with alliuminum 8ft ramps, and all the bits  ::) The last one we had was a 12 footer, hold there money as well for when you sell. Dad said when we got the 12foot one after looking at some second hand ones he will only buy new  ones due to how many are stolen. For what they are i dont think they are exspensive really  :-\ Still a lot of money though  Sorry if this is off topic matre

bought a trailer and never picked it up?? dam marky, that would be ideal to get up to jdc's for those discs and plough mate, why aint it in your yard then??

never had any need for it really mate.... yet another waste of money... I'm going to put in on ebay I reckon  :-\

but it will take mavis to ploughing matchs ok wont it???

it would mate.... but it would be only good for that and I've got the loan of mates at any time  :-\ - bit of a waste really  :-[

Nice one Marky, she fits snugly into the warehouse in that spot........ :D;)

thanks Mart.... she's dripped oil on Mrs F's floor though  :o:-[ :'(

it would mate.... but it would be only good for that and I've got the loan of mates at any time  :-\ - bit of a waste really  :-[

thanks Mart.... she's dripped oil on Mrs F's floor though  :o:-[ :'(

bet i get blamed for that one to marky :D :D :D :D pointed her out to you, plus the ebay links, sticking tha one on wont hurt much will it

I've won two brochures you sent me the links for tonight Mr P as well...  :D :D - I think the moon would be too near to Mrs F at the minute mate  :o:D :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=190265713383

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=280284382899

I'd take cover if I were you mate  :D :D