The Adventures of Marky and Mavis... the MF240QD - new to me on 14th November 08

Lord Ferguson

The big question.... restore her or not ?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. The big question.... restore her or not ?

• Yep... give her the works
    • No... leave her alone

What did you use the calculator for  ???

Was it to work out how many tins of paint you had to buy  ???

My 5 bar gates fatty bum  :-*

Bill... sorry about the runs  :-[ - it won't happen again I can assure you.... plus.... I'll get that tin cleaned up with some wet and dry as soon as I get a minute  :-[

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a mess, does not appear that "Windy" is much of a tools and paint man....Poor Fanny probably hid under the tool box while this calamity was going on....wonder how much red got on Windys konk? :D :D

Right that's it.. I've taken just about all I can take from you Plops...

Cop this....

Pwwwttthhhh x 2  >:(

And let that be a lesson to you...

Anyone got any Thinners... for my nose  :-[???

My 5 bar gates fatty bum  :-*

Bill... sorry about the runs  :-[ - it won't happen again I can assure you.... plus.... I'll get that tin cleaned up with some wet and dry as soon as I get a minute  :-[

Ok Mark but you will take a long time to remove those runs with wet and dry... I'd be usinfg the DA sander with runs like that ;D ;D

Marky mate, got a question, when did they stop Making the 240 as i got farmers trader and there is a 2007 one in there  ??? Also did only some have the gold bage then mate, one on ebay the other night, really scruffy got £3000 when i looked last, just wounded if that had the same badge.

That scruffy one had the same badge Ad.... they made the 240 from 79 to about 1993 I believe.. possibly beyond mate...

The gold badge was only fitted in 79 - then it changed to the same 3 triangles badge in red.... then in December 81 it had a facelift to the new square badge (as on the 600 series).... sometime later it got the new shape badge and yet another facelift... I'd guess about 1988-89  :-\

The 2007 240 is Indian made I believe mate.... it's far far removed from the 240 now and by all accounts, a pile of pants... MF have removed their name from it that must tell you something I guess  :-\ - you can still pick up a new one for around £6k now even  :o

Right that's it.. I've taken just about all I can take from you Plops...

Cop this....

Pwwwttthhhh x 2  >:(

And let that be a lesson to you...

Anyone got any Thinners... for my nose  :-[???

Marky I am sending you some material for your restoration project that is much more idiot proof do enjoy....... :D :D

cc-1.jpg

:D :D :D - is this pic on Marky week this week pops  :'( :'(

Thinking about it... just send me the red and grey ones... save on postage  :D :D

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I got tired of picking on Sean he such an easy target.................... :D :D

• 1 month later...

A little update for today... Mum and Dad moved house 6 months ago and I dropped my linkbox off to put the cardboard in when they had their new kitchen and furniture delivered... so... I thought today it was about time I picked it up...

Out with Mavis... and over to mum and dads to collect the box... back to my house for some 'tinkering time' (free'd off a check chain adjuster and made a make shift door strap out of cableties... new ones found and on order) ...

Back to work and ready to bale he cardboard with Frankie...

IMAG0145.jpg

IMAG0146.jpg

gee mate very nice car  :D :D

Thanks Buddy... it's nicer when the sun comes out really  :D :D :'(

ah you have the rear screen fitted now i see mate, how long till the door checks turn up then

I think the check straps came in on Xmas Eve mate... not picked them up yet... that screen is wonderful... makes all the difference... I was like a pig in poo poo today... 1 degree outside... warm as toast inside out of the breeze  ;D

well marky i have enjoyed this topic so far but that massey is a beast

and she is quick too love the flashing light

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

thanks Marc.... she does move on the road... not quite as fast as a 148... but quick with the Multi-power mind you  ;)

Nice one Marky

And all i can say about Markys BMW is it well how can i put it ........... goes  :D

I hope Mavis is all registard for the road now Marky  :D :D :D::);D

Thanks Addy... Mavis is all road legal.... taxed and insured... EVEN the lights and indicators work too  :o:D :D