Figure carrying bale

I've been after a Britains figure who I can put on a full bale wagon, throwing the bales onto an elevator. I came across this on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170283547169&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=007 (the one left of the scarecrow in picture 4) I'm pretty sure I've seen her before somewhere and she wasn't carrying a bale originally. Does anyone recognise the red haired lady in the blue shirt?

was a tray or something, deff not a bale ,hell she must be a female arnie to carry a bale like that, dont know many blokes that could do that

Your right perhaps shes been working out! Ideally I need a figure dragging or rolling a bale, but I've not yet seen one I can modify. This image was the inspiration:

postcard2.jpg

have you looked on the website someone placed on here recently for 1/32 figures ???

Did you mean this?: http://www.gaugemaster.com/search_results.asp?OB=c_a&searchstring=1:32+preiser&andor=View&searchtitle=1:32%20scale+Preiser&style=main&method=kws&strType=arch

These are quite good (if expensive) but not many farm labourers :(

Is there a site with pictures of most, or all, past-present Britains farm figures? Unfortunately I sold all mine 10 years ago ::)

this is her  ;) (sourced from hollylovestoys)

yup nice one milo. Bit of a difference in weight between that and a hay bale.. it looks like Britains got the scale of the small rectangular bales slightly wrong in that case.

The farm girl with a round bowl under her left arm and with her right arm out was the girl feeding chicken. One figure you could use to carry a bale would be the man with his arms over his head carrying a sack. You very often find him minus the sack.

Is there a site with pictures of most, or all, past-present Britains farm figures? Unfortunately I sold all mine 10 years ago ::)

Try this book "Suspended Animation an unauthorised history of Herald ans Britains plastic figures" by Peter Cole covers from 1953 to 1999 in the updated edition. ISBN 1 900898 04 7 There are small pictures of every figure released along with notes on changes/variations.

I was gonna suggest  to you the guy with the sack minus his sack too..............or of course......you could always cut the arms and legs of one and make them bend to suit????? I`m sure some of the guys  have done some,might be able to give you a few pointers

Could you modify the girl off the Superfaun potato harvester?

I think that her arms are too far apart and she's leaning forward a tad too much. Would have to have the right 'stance' to look convincing. Does it have to be a female? Don't wish to appear sexist but the chap with arms over his head in my oppinion is still the best bet and then there is the chap with the broom which I believe also came with a two-prong fork or pitch-fork, or as we call them down here, a two-prong-pick. There was a picture of this one in one issue of the Model Tractor mag a while back in W.H's article on Britain's hay making, drill a couple of holes in a Britain's bale for the fork prongs and whalla.

Try this book "Suspended Animation an unauthorised history of Herald ans Britains plastic figures" by Peter Cole covers from 1953 to 1999 in the updated edition. ISBN 1 900898 04 7 There are small pictures of every figure released along with notes on changes/variations.

Ouch, just looked at Amazon prices ::) Thanks for the reference though, the library might have it.

Keep an eye on Scalextric pit crew figures and similar figures from other manufacturers. Some my quite easily be docteured to suit different uses. I have a set made by MRRC that I have not yet painted. I just looked at them and one could be very good for what you want.

I think that her arms are too far apart and she's leaning forward a tad too much. Would have to have the right 'stance' to look convincing. Does it have to be a female? Don't wish to appear sexist but the chap with arms over his head in my oppinion is still the best bet and then there is the chap with the broom which I believe also came with a two-prong fork or pitch-fork, or as we call them down here, a two-prong-pick. There was a picture of this one in one issue of the Model Tractor mag a while back in W.H's article on Britain's hay making, drill a couple of holes in a Britain's bale for the fork prongs and whalla.

Spot on. Going back to my original link I noticed the guy in the corner wearing green boots and fork (who looks like he's fending off some inordinate animal) i was initially dismissive, wondering how easy/practical it would be, but it's only a short distance and gravity assisted...

Keep an eye on Scalextric pit crew figures and similar figures from other manufacturers. Some my quite easily be docteured to suit different uses. I have a set made by MRRC that I have not yet painted. I just looked at them and one could be very good for what you want.

Thanks Tris I may dig out my old set, though from what I remember the figures I had (late 80s) were inferior to the Britains/Herald ones

They're labelled as 1/32 but they don't look the same size as Britains figures to me, though I havn't sized them up yet. They are lighter and I would guess more unstable should you want to add a bale, hand tools etc to them. Nice for the diorama all the same.

I know Jez bought a set of Siku tractor drivers and left them on a radiator. Suppled up their stiff joints and he changed their seating to a standing and laying ppsition. Handy to know for the cabless, over the shoulder, hand on fender pose  ;)

I know Jez bought a set of Siku tractor drivers and left them on a radiator. Suppled up their stiff joints and he changed their seating to a standing and laying ppsition. Handy to know for the cabless, over the shoulder, hand on fender pose  ;)

8) Siku figures sound quite malleable, perhaps Britains workers can be softened up too. If so, I may have plans for Mr & Mrs potato picker... :o  ;)