Massey Ferguson 6140......

NewHolland2

Thanks Mark  :) :) ;). I doubt ye'll get me away from my Fords, but ye never know...... :D;) ;)

That is an old forage harvester minus it's spout behind, it is used by a mainly sheep farm up North, for cutting down tall grass in the fields. Some grass still comes out the spout hence why it's covered in grass.  ;) ;) ;)

I've got another one of the Massey, which I'll dig out in a minute......

Theres a farmer local to me that runs a fleet of slopped masseys all new as he traed in his 42's and 62's all sloped now runs 1 5455, 2 6455 this are all sloped then on top of this he runs normal 6460 with a loader on and the heavy work is handled by a 7480 this is all on his strawberrys etc and they seem just to not stop moving so i dont think they have an easily life. They do have cereals but thats all run by a local contractor that runs the Fendt 926 that i have photos sitting around on the forum somewere

Nice one Martin... What a beauty - I love that bonnet - what a slope - Would love to have a drive in that especially with the loader on.? Bet you can almost see the floor in front.? :)

Never seen a real one of those, nice picture and nice massey, nice use of direct-chop forager there too.  :D

Our 4245 has a sloped bonnet like that, it's great visability, great for loader work  :)