Marky Woods

Lord Ferguson

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now then... I've spent the last few days in the garage.... as promised... ladder pics...

I'm going to get some ali box and tubing to make an aluminum ladder - he is my test piece...

Used up all my wood making these spud boxes...

and my growing pile of gates for Spalding (and orders)

16 there I think... that's 128 joints  :'( :'( :'(

Any feedback welcome... I can take it if you don't like anything  :);)

Those ladders look good Mark but I think you need to make an extendable one to reach to the top of the tattie boxes ;) ;)

Thanks chaps... extender on it's way... for my mate Trissy - it was his suggestion initially I believe  :-\

So have you mastered engraving yet mate?

What about those letter punches you can get? or is the wood too thin?

Thought of that.. tried it the other night... the wood it too thin sadly...  :'( - You get the letter and most of ther stamp... and splinters too  :D :D

ENgraving would be an idea... I do have an engraver somewhere   ;)

I am sure it has been opened, tried, had an accident, decided it was the engraver and not you then packed it away.......... just waitignt o give it to me.....???  ;):D

Can't wait to see the real thing at the Spalding show mate  :) :) ;)

Thanks Buddy... I can't wait to meet you... you nutter... you do make me laugh  :D :D - I bet we will get on famously  :D :D

I am sure it has been opened, tried, had an accident, decided it was the engraver and not you then packed it away.......... just waitignt o give it to me.....???  ;):D

Not far off Jez... it made too much noise for my liking...  :D :D :D

Thanks Buddy... I can't wait to meet you... you nutter... you do make me laugh  :D :D - I bet we will get on famously  :D :D

Not far off Jez... it made too much noise for my liking...  :D :D :D

It´s gonna be real nice to meet you to mate  ;) ...and you know a good laugh make you live longer  ;D:D;)

Been tinkering with a few more bits over the last few days... trying to build up my stock for Spalding Show... and then eBay when I come home all dejected as I've not sold anything  :-[ :'( ... anyway... take a look and provide feedback please.... good... or bad... I can take it... (and it's actually very helpful)...

Si suggested bigger posts on the gates.... so here goes...

DSC_6508r.jpg

Overall view... (this is two 100mm gates)...

DSC_6507r.jpg

I think he was right... I quite like the look of them now.. so thanks Si  :-* I could go bigger if necessary... but I think that will be overkill - what do you people reckon ???

I've made a few more ladders in differing lengths and wood thickness... still havn't quite got them right yet I don't think  :-[

DSC_6513r.jpg

And finally... I've tried a stile... found this sort of design on google images... any thoughts most appreciated as always...

DSC_6506r.jpg

DSC_6509r.jpg

Stock is building up... not quick enough for my liking mind you  :D :D :D

DSC_6515r.jpg

I need to get cracking on my scratch build entry c0ck-up some time soon really  :-:D :D

Looking beautifull mate.

One question. Do the gates hang or do they rest on the ends?

Liking the ladders too, they look fine.

The stile looks good. Think it needs another rail though. I can see you are enjoying this  ;)

Good to talk and get all square last week  ;)

They can Hang Jez... I've just pushed the posts into a suitable sizes hole in the wood for now.. I like them low as it stops them swinging when I bring them in from the garage  :D :D - I lost a pair in the dirt last night  :-[:D :D

Another bar on tyhe stile then... and another higher step then I guess  ???

They are the bees knees, Marky - you need to get a layout built and have that post and rail fencing all round, it would be something else!

Maybe another step and rail on the stile so the step form an 'X' when viewed from above... :)