Marky Woods

Lord Ferguson

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah he does Marky :( I have just come back from councelling where they told me to 'rise above it'. . . . Even they don't understand!! :'(

:D :D :D

Made to order sheets of yorkshire boarding?

Come on mate, i will give you a big cuddle on sunday afternoon when i drop off your lorries....... don't worry mate,t he voices will go soon......

:D :D :D - good one mate...

Now then... Yorkshire boarding... do you mean make the whole sheet ??? - can I have some pics please for example Trissy ???

Yourshire boarding sounds good Mary and you are the lady to do it...... hmmmmm, pics........ maybe this needs another call??

my dad has been a joiner for 28 years now or something and he has made some lovely stuff, but even he thinks your work is out of the world Mark, really well done, he says he is going to make some stuff like yours  :D

Well that's a very kind comment Murray.. tell dad thanks very much buddy - I really appreciate the compliment mate  ;);D

Thanks Jezzymundo... so... is there much of a gap between the slats then ??? - pics not too clear on that front... if so... is it half the thickness... or less... if you see what I mean  :-\

not a huge one mate, when we cladd our barns we used to put a double thickness plank on its end as a spacer between each of the  actuall boards, ie a bit twice the thickness of the planks thickness,

Sean is about right Mar. The planks are spaced about 1 to 2inches apart depending on use of building - wider for cattle ventilation, naorrower for general use and air flow. For 1/32 I would just go with one or the other and stick with that mate.

I don't know why I am giviing away my ideas  ::)???:D;)

Bit of a 'pre-Spalding update' ... I've been busy in the garage making this board for a fellow FTF'er ....

DSC_6532r.jpg

DSC_6533r.jpg

sorry.. just realised how out of focus this pic is  :-[ - hides my shoddy workmanship a treat really...  :D :D

DSC_6528c.jpg

It's all 'push fitted' together and sunk 11mm into the MDF plinth.... so it came come apart or be raised to follow any ground contouring necessary... I'm actually quite chuffed with it to be honest  :)

Oh and I am MORE than aware of the date on my calendar thanks

I've also been ALL wekend making these bloody things... they really are a killer to make... so fiddly... I don't think I will be making any in 1:64 scale thats for sure  :D :D

DSC_6536r.jpg

Just got to get some blue paint as my spray can is all bunged up... forgot to 'blow it out' upside down last time I used it  :-[>:( :'(

i bet your chuffed mate, thats amazing stuff, recon you would sell a few smaller versions of them at spalding to, for mini displays ect

Thanks Sean.. I'd take over all of Barry's stall then... good idea.. he only sells a load of old 'tat' anyway usually...  :D :D

I was thinking about getting my own stall actually... probably too late now I guess  :-\