classic tractor march 09

got mine today the wait is finally over seems ages since the last one came out :o had a quick look throgh intresting fleet profile and speacial feature and good bit on britains toys.not as many pages as normal though :o :o :obut still as good as ever keep up the good work rory. :D;):D;)

Dear 10-4

Glad you enjoyed the latest issue and thanks for your comments. More on models this month, but, as you say, fewer pages, although the editorial content stays the same as normal, just the adverts (mainly classifieds) a little down.

Regards

Rory

Sign of the times Rory, hope it picks up  :)

Well I got my Classic Tractor magazine yesterday and first of all congratulations are in order for James T  a member on here who won a runner up prize in the photo competion with a JD and mower cutting near Biggar last year. Well done James.

In addition there was a rather nice article and pictures of Britains model circa 1969. Very nice and pleased that I have still quite a few of these in my own collection.

Another great read , the continuation of the County story   , a David Brown which has amassed some 30000 hours  :o,  the photo comp , Bill saw James T s photo  , & am trying to work out exactly where it is ,  cannot be  more than 10 mins away from me .

Laughed at editorial bit about Triggers broom in Only Fools & Horses referring to the mega houred David Brown  ..

The Alien themed TW 30  :-\ :-\   Still a lot more of it to read  .

I too am undecided on the Alien TW 30 Iain. Not something I would personally do to a tractor but everyone to their own. None the less an interesting article.

There is usually an artilcle on a monthly basis on models and this is nice. It is a magazine for real classic tractors so I think Rory can really only dedicate so much of the magazine to models. For model tractors magazines we have teh on line one on FTF and also Tim Bolton's Model Tractor magazine.

Dear BC

You're absolutely right there. As much as I like collecting models myself, they have to be in moderation in Classic Tractor. I was recently reminded of this while scanning through a reader survey from 2002. The 'least-liked' subjects/topics were 'Models' and 'Overseas', which both recieved a very high 35% non-approval rating from the readers. That still means that 65% of the readers either liked or didn't mind these two subjects. It's hard to believe, but there are people out the who can't see the point of models and have no interest in them.

With more competition in the marketplace, I think our focus has to be on finding the best stories and hottest news to fill 'Collectors Corner', which has tended to fill an extra half a page or so in recent months.

Regards

Rory

I've only just started leafing through it... I normally rush to read CT first then T&M, but find I'm disappointed, so this month I'm wading through T&M so I've still got CT to look forward to  ;):D Not that T&M's not good, just that CT's better  :D

I've no doubt this will be another fantastic issue and will take particular interest in the County article.... will miss them when they're done.... Like the company itself really.... :'(

Another great read , the continuation of the County story   , a David Brown which has amassed some 30000 hours  :o,  the photo comp , Bill saw James T s photo  , & am trying to work out exactly where it is ,  cannot be  more than 10 mins away from me .

Laughed at editorial bit about Triggers broom in Only Fools & Horses referring to the mega houred David Brown  ..

The Alien themed TW 30  :-\ :-\

Still a lot more of it to read  .

Thanks Tam (and Bill).  Tam - the photo was taken just south of Biggar, between the A72 and A702 about 500m west of Causewayend.

Dear Big 10-4

It's a nice idea, but, and don't take this the wrong way, I tend to keep personal stuff out of the magazine (even to the point of getting in trouble for not mentioning the birth of our son a few years back). I do use my brochures all the time either for reference or to illustrate various stories, but that's about as far as it goes.

I'm always pleased to show someone what I've got, more brochures than models, although I do have about 250 Deeres in various scales, although that's nothing compared to what some of the collectors have over in the States.

Regards

Rory