Fintans messing around

ford4ever

they would all be sweating but as i said just messing around so we'll pretend that they are all turboed to give out an extra 25/30 hp(DB would pron still struggle).

As a matter of interest know the jd was in the 90's what hp were the ih's 955 and 784???

they would all be sweating but as i said just messing around so we'll pretend that they are all turboed to give out an extra 25/30 hp(DB would pron still struggle).

As a matter of interest know the jd was in the 90's what hp were the ih's 955 and 784???

my recollections of rated horsepowers were  ih 784 80hp/ih 955 95hp/jd3140 97hp and db 1412 91hp. all good for a 10 tonne silage trailer. but even though trailers have 10/12/14 /16 toone etc designations that refers to their rated capacity. a 12 tonne rated trailer with silage sides even hauling wilted silage  wouldnt be carrying 12 ton of grass more like 8/10 tons even with it loaded brim full to top of sides. the only way to get maximum load is to have the load settled and then top it up again. we use to do that on long hauls,fill her up drive around the field and settle load whilst another trailer being loaded. i have hauled clamped silage from another farm after a farm sale with ford 8210 and as marston 12 tonne with silage sides. we put eah load over a weighbridge the loads of wet clamp silage grossed at 14 tonne loaDS.  ALSO TRAILERS CAN CARRY MAXIMUM LOAD CAPACITYS WITH GRAIN PEAS OR BEANS as they are less bulky. especially combine peas they are heavy 12/14 ton loads are achieveable in 10 tonne trailers with greedy boards.

from experience and near misses and witnessing others  i would only feel safe with jd and ih 955 from this line up

we put a 12ton herron on a david brown 990 a few years back when we were cutting silage.

we just did it to see what the engine was like in the tractor.ha ha!

turned out we were very suprised with its performance it pulled like a train but it lacked grip when it came to climbing out of steep gaps coming out of fields.