Nicks David Brown 30T ( now with pics)

Kiwi6920

Went to the car wreckers toady to get a load of silage tyres, All loaded up and he showed me how many other tyres there were around the corner, and i spoted the old girl, he said shes to good to scrap but had been burried by cars for a year or so so hadnt had any look at it to buy it, had a quick look over it, saw it had a Mint track gear and undercarriage, offred him $1500 (roughly 500quid) and he said its mine

If any one can help me with getting a Operators book let me know please,

Should have some pics when i go back next week

Nick.

You lucky so-and-so. just the track gear is worth double that for spares. If it's diesel it has the 30D engine.

::) ::)

Jammy and dodger could be the next words..... Shes the petrol version

I was told the very rearly come up for sale over here and there arnt many living ones here now

What would you expect to pay for one in Uk? roughly

Really looking forward to seeing photographs of your new purchase Nick, sounds like a rare machine. :) That diesel version looks very smart. Only ever seen David Brown crawlers in the flesh without the bulldozer blade, have a picture somewhere of a fully restored yellow 30TD, will have a dig round for it at some point.

::) ::)

Jammy and dodger could be the next words..... Shes the petrol version

I was told the very rearly come up for sale over here and there arnt many living ones here now

What would you expect to pay for one in Uk? roughly

Will probably have the Cropmaster (VAK1C) petrol/kerosene engine then, 1947 to 52. Rough but running, with blade around 3K.

Well here are some pics

SDC11443.jpg

SDC11445-1.jpg

SDC11446.jpg

SDC11447.jpg

SDC11449.jpg

Can any one date her and confirm the model number from what you can read here

SDC11448.jpg

She ant no oil painting but she dont look to hard at the moment, still have to check it starts...

Looking good. Really lucky find there and mostly complete, well, all important parts anyway. As I said would date from 1947 noticing that it has a split fuel tank. Someone has fitted the wrong radiator at some time, looks like from a Fordson. Heat plate is missing from the manifold as are the engine side panels. I hope that you will be lucky in that the engine will not be stuck or seized. Grab it!

Looking good. Really lucky find there and mostly complete, well, all important parts anyway. As I said would date from 1947 noticing that it has a split fuel tank. Someone has fitted the wrong radiator at some time, looks like from a Fordson. Heat plate is missing from the manifold as are the engine side panels. I hope that you will be lucky in that the engine will not be stuck or seized. Grab it!

Going to try drain the oil first, its almost as thick as tar,

The exhuast manifold is smashed, some thing has hit the exhuast and snaped it of on the top of the manifold, i recon shes reasonbly complete, prob had a branch or somthing shoved through the grill into the radiator ata guess, plan on making the pannels my self, easy enough simple shape, no side curves or any thing stupid

Maniflod and tacho are the first 2 bits to buy if she runs ;)

What a bargain!

If I read the serial number right (10678) shes from march 53' time my info only goes up to 11000. If its 16678 it looks like its from 56-57 time according to this chart. http://dbtc.co.uk/index.php?module=Content&func=view&pid=145

The engine is a 3 5/8 bore type so would be a 30c engine.

Have you got any plans for her?

Thanks LeeRoebuck That helpd alot

The plan is look at removing the blade, get her tidyed up straight, painted, and play around my farm with her and show her, might take her ploughing just Play match

• 1 month later...

Ok time for a update, Went back the other day to see it it runs

Hook up a battrey, look in the fuel tank, it has gas, bypass the startyer switch, sized cable, figure where the coil switch should be , 2 turns on the starter nad shes a running, hasnt been going for 2 years and has been outside for the whole time, runs sweet as a nut, thracks arnt as good as i thourght, might drop a link out, ill wory about that when she comes home, all clutchs and brakes seam to work, only had a 6foot hole to play around in as it was surrounded with piles of cars....

Got a operators manual and a parts catalouge for the chasis, just need to find a engine parts catalouge and a work shop manual...