Massey Ferguson 2000 Series

Powerstarâ„¢

Are these tractors plain beauties or what! Only recently started to get interested in these tractors, saw a couple pics of mjb1's old MF 2640 had a model 2680. Wasn't until my mates uncle got a MF 2640 & 2685 that I found out how nice they are! They do sound lovely, and the comfort levels or their era were far ahead at the time. The gearing he has on his MF 2685 is an autotronic gearing using a panel split in to two indicating the high and low sides (red & silver) and seems really easy to use. Everything on and around this tractor is big and I really do like it. Has to be one of my favourite MF ranges ever! Anyone else like these tractors? And any information on them, whatever it maybe, would be greatly recieved!

Guest Fendt pwr

I like the door on them tractors.A place I worked on had an MF 2680 2wd and an IH 986 2wd with rear duals and out of the two the MF was by far the best to get in and out of.

When towing a 30ft maxi-till the MF would out pull the IH every time even on single tyres.

I like the door on them tractors.A place I worked on had an MF 2680 2wd and an IH 986 2wd with rear duals and out of the two the MF was by far the best to get in and out of.

When towing a 30ft maxi-till the MF would out pull the IH every time even on single tyres.

Wow, what a recommendation the best thing about this tractor was the door you got in and out of!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Bet the other brands are quaking in their boots over that one!

now they are a good piece if  red kit...... we had a mf 2725 electronic  and it was a fab tractor loads of power  and  like you say is a comfortable large cab.... ours had a acident and was scraped but they were a good tractor

What a beast... I remember the launch of the 2000 series when I worked for Massey's.  A tractor WELL AHEAD of its time that one.  Got a chance to buy a 2000 hour one just now but the owner wants 7.5K for it - Good nick and it's only really towed a trailer all its working life (2680).  The A6.354 engine was the best and most reliable perkins power unit EVER in my opinion.  The Yanks fitted an AV8.540 to theirs (2805's and 2775's I think) - Got some information upstairs on the USA models if anyone wants any figures.

Guest Fendt pwr

Wow, what a recommendation the best thing about this tractor was the door you got in and out of!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Bet the other brands are quaking in their boots over that one!

??? ??? When towing a 30ft maxi-till the MF would out pull the IH every time even on single tyres.

used to use a 2680 2wd for hedge trimming & there wasnt anywhere it wouldn't go it was that heavy it was greatno need for 4wd at all. mate said it was too slow on the road hauling silage ,but i recon that coz it's a big tractor you expect it to go faster , but i had no problem keeping up with everyone else :) :)

Guest Fendt pwr

You see fendt 900's with diffrant amounts of lights in the front of the cabs some times,It's prob not a big deal to get the extra lights put in if you do lots of night work.