The FTF Stand: at Spalding

Andy

Well plans are well underway in terms of the FTF stand at Spalding in April.

Early indications are that it will be the largest Spalding show yet, and definitely FTF's largest gathering  :)

In terms of the FTF stand display, we are planning a slightly different approach this time....

We hope to have two sections: a Machinery dealership, courtesy of Graham, on one side of the road.....(OEM TBA!  ;)) and then a Farming in Action section, the other side.

At our dealership, we will have plenty of FTF member models for all to see, accompanied by Graham's magnificent building, plus a few extra pieces here and there. The other side is where we have our different approach....

We will have some purpose built fields with tractors / implements as expected, but this time, the models will be all Radio Controlled, so if it takes your fancy, you can do some DIY Farming  ;) Of course, I am planning this around the kids attending the show having something to play with, but any FTF model farmer is welcome  ;)

Siku are very kindly lending their RC range for the display, and we hope to have the Britains RC John Deere in attendance too.

On top of the display, we have some very important model previews, our raffle, and famous cakes / biscuits / jaffa cakes. Not forgetting the FTF Scratch Custom Competition.

Anyone wanting to lend their models for our tractor dealership (does not have to be OEM specific) are very welcome too. If you have a RC 1/32 model, you are also welcome to bring it along!

I will be talking to the pub next to the Spalding travelodge, with regards to the evening before the show, but I encourage as many to get down as possible! I am sure it will be an excellent evening!

On the day, you are all very welcome to leave your shopping with us while you shop for more, and of course, come and say hello. If you want to try your hand at meeting and greeting fellow FTF'ers, you are also very welcome!

Should be an excellent weekend, so hope to see as many of you as possible!  :);)

Brillant, will bring my Siku JD control along then.

And somthing for the display if thats okay?

We will be in the bar all evening, Mum and Dad are looking forward to meeting you all, they are nutters too

so no need to panic :D :D :) :) :) :)

Mattias PM'd me to say my tractors are ready and he is giving them to Pete in a secure case with a lock on it. He reckons Pete will sell them at the airport for duty free Vodka!!  :D :D

The mean man didn't show me any pics though, just kept teasing me that the 7710 looked ace!

I'm looming forward to seeing the stand Andy is putting on for a number of reasons, the interactivity it will have, the Forum models, the new releases, the cakes. . . It will be quite some showcase for this fantastic website. Roll on the day that the first FTF Show is announced  8)

Yes indeed, the first FTF show... and as Scott suggested, at the NEC, right by the airport for all our multinational contingency ;) Bigger than the motorshow! :D I can see it now :P

Birmingham doesn't need an airport for that   :o:D :D :D

You'd better not Rhys, you really would never live it down a second time ::):D :D

Thanks Andy, looking forward to it. Just for the info of novices like me, which hall are you in and what table numbers have you got?

thanks

Isn't Tris running a table numbers topic Mike for everyone to post their numbers, think he's intending to post a map up too when everyone's put their name to it.... ???

It truly is going to be a great day out.. I'd better get these bloody models finished for it now rather than tossing my life away sitting here :-[::):D

Isn't Tris running a table numbers topic Mike for everyone to post their numbers, think he's intending to post a map up too when everyone's put their name to it.... ???

It truly is going to be a great day out.. I'd better get these bloody models finished for it now rather than tossing my life away sitting here :-[::):D

We didn't need to know that you filthy boy!!  ::):D :D

You'd better not Rhys, you really would never live it down a second time ::):D :D

Yes I have seen that topic and I have printed out the floor plan off the website. I have marked on it where the people are so far, I was just hoping to update it  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Thanks Andy, looking forward to it. Just for the info of novices like me, which hall are you in and what table numbers have you got?

thanks

FTF will be in our usual place, which for anyone new is located just inside the small hall on the right hand side.

and if you want any of the famous cakes on the FTF stand get there early because they go very quickly ;)

not that quick last time.....i distracted Marky! :D :D :D::)

anyone fancy babysitting!!

i'm not gonna worry about a avery label, i'll have Harry! ;D ;D ;D