Ad's work, tractors and genral farming pics.

marshman

Arr yes i ddint think of that. He got to be :D:D  Marky told me the reason he brought it was because it was green but no one would notice his secret addcition with green :D::)

Intresting Tris and i understand now. Thanks for the info mate. Intresting to see how diffent farms do it. Im still learning about silaging.

Oh and Marky mate it gives me the sneezes too :D

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all. 

Yep i think it is a lanz based thing. But as you say its french. I thought  it was a lanz  i offended the man saying nice lanz :D :D And was quicky told its NOT a lanz :D

Oh dear Adam but look on the bright side...the old sayiing is correct "you learn by your mistakes" - you now know the difference  between Field Marshallls, Lanz Bulldogs and Vierzion's  ;) ;)

Adam that green tractor at the steam rally is a french made one and is called a Vierzion. There is a similar one to that at the Heritage Centre at Alford in Aberdeenshire about 25 miles from where I live. It is the French equivalent of our Field Marshall ( pom pom ) or the Germany Lanz Bull dog....i.e. a single cylinder tractor. I have seen the Vierzion running at a rally many many years ago and apparently the engine will start and run both ways ( clockwise or anti clockwise ). I'm told you can also star a Field Marshall both ways but if started and run the wrong way it will seize up.

Sorry BC but that is not quite true ;). That is a Le Percheron, a French Lanz Bulldog copy as you say, but not a Vierzon. They are very similar but a little different and have a lighter green colour. (The Vierzon).

Le Percheron tractors were build from 1946 to 1956 by the French firm SNCAC from Colombes. About 3700 tractors were build. Percheron is French for working horse which is also shown in the company's logo. That should do hopefully  :)

Sorry BC but that is not quite true ;). That is a Le Percheron, a French Lanz Bulldog copy as you say, but not a Vierzon. They are very similar but a little different and have a lighter green colour. (The Vierzon).

Le Percheron tractors were build from 1946 to 1956 by the French firm SNCAC from Colombes. About 3700 tractors were build. Percheron is French for working horse which is also shown in the company's logo. That should do hopefully  :)

Thanks for correcting me Neils. Initially I looked at the photo say it was French and assumed it was a Vierzon since that was the only type of French vintage tractor I had seen in ythe past.

I have looked back at Adams photo again and see the wheel centres are painted red. Thinking back to the Vierzion I have seen I'm sure now the wheels are not red. I think they are probably yellow but the next time I'm back up at that museum I will check. In fact I will take aphoto or two for comparison purposes.

Once again thanks for pointing out to me the correct brand of tractor ;) ;)

I couldnt spell the name of it. I didnt no what it was untill i asked the bloke the other day. He said its a LE per cant cant spell it sorry. But i asumed the were the same as a viseon when you said that bill. Sorry thanks Ad

NP of course :). The Vierzon tractors indeed have yellow wheel centers. A bit of a JD colour scheme. According to Google these Le Percheron tractors in the UK are as rare as hen's teeth.

He said its vauled at around £15-20k

I couldnt spell the name of it. I didnt no what it was untill i asked the bloke the other day. He said its a LE per cant cant spell it sorry. But i asumed the were the same as a viseon when you said that bill. Sorry thanks Ad

Le-Perch-Che-Ron ;). Or: The working horse.