Ad's work, tractors and genral farming pics.

marshman

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see a set up like that again Adam with the trailer behind the tractor and forage harvester. We don't see that up my way any longer in fact the last I must have seen like that must have been nearly 25 years ago when the local dairy farmer used a 4wd Same with harvester and trailer behind.

Thanks everyone for your nice commnet.

No Colm mate, that was welsteds a smaller farm about 1mile from us. This is the farm about 200yards from us. Quite a lot bigger scale really. Tommrow i will go and take some pics of there gear if you want. They had a new combine delived a few months ago not sure what model but is NH.

Sellindge now .

Le presomthingorothericantspellitfrench :D

IMG_0082-2.jpg

e27n yuk sorry i not my fav tractor by any means

IMG_0083-2.jpg

IMG_0084-1.jpg

Land rover power from the off road course they had there. Bit tame

IMG_0081-2.jpg

Now a rare bestie i think. For Marky and Massive massey.

Talking to the man he said he imported it from North Amrica

IMG_0079-2.jpg

IMG_0080-1.jpg

Crikey Ad, he's doing a good job of filling that grain trailer,......did he spill much ??

Thanks Well not bad at all. He didnt toooo much. That trailer has been sitting up the lane on the verge for years rotting.  Thats tompsons for you never buying nice trailers and implemnets but buy new tractors all the time  :D :D  I was suprised they always hook on to the foragar never run along side not sure why?

Thanks mate glad you liked them

Adam that green tractor at the steam rally is a french made one and is called a Vierzion. There is a similar one to that at the Heritage Centre at Alford in Aberdeenshire about 25 miles from where I live. It is the French equivalent of our Field Marshall ( pom pom ) or the Germany Lanz Bull dog....i.e. a single cylinder tractor. I have seen the Vierzion running at a rally many many years ago and apparently the engine will start and run both ways ( clockwise or anti clockwise ). I'm told you can also star a Field Marshall both ways but if started and run the wrong way it will seize up.

Nice photo's Ad. Anymore of the Volvo pulling the tanks ???

Still three farms round me I can name who trail forage and back load. Two dairy farms, one beef. It's to save labour and free tractors up for mowing and/or raking. One man can run two or three trailers doing it this way ;) Otherwise for every trailer you need a tractor and driver.

Thanks all. 

Yep i think it is a lanz based thing. But as you say its french. I thought  it was a lanz  i offended the man saying nice lanz :D :D And was quicky told its NOT a lanz :D

Im not sure Sean mate but that was taken a few days ago last week. But its gone now. Brand new one came by on a lowloader this afternoon. Didnt get pics yet will do. Also there new 6930 was delived today :-*:-*