britains 135,s silaging

no metric bolts and all bolts cleaned down individually and electroplated as when was new,this alone took over a day,ill have to wait to i get a good day to i take it out of the shed to take pics,the pics i was trying to post that i do have were too big of a file to get on forum,unless theres a way of reducing the file size of already saved pics?????? if there was ill post them asap

Have you got any programs like Paint or Microsoft Office Picture Manager on your PC Brian?

If you do, open the photo in it and hunt through the drop down menus at the top til you find something in there titled 'resize'...

Change the picture size to approx 800 pixels across [keep the proportions the same, there may be a tick box for this...] or choose a pre-defined size from a drop down list in a dialogue box - 'Internet' or 'Web Large' will be perfect... ;) Save it and upload it....

Come on, no excuse now, let's see it! ;D ;D

here we are now,got my saved pics resized so now i dont have to take her out,the real thing and 100% original parts,i would have waited months to obtain the right parts if necessary rather than going an sticking on those rubbish replacement bits you can buy anywherew these days...

post-1779-132639059942_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639059947_thumb.jpg

more,the exhaust is an original restored 35 year old example,the cab i had to make the parts for,this tractor was in my family since 1974,working at potatoes every year to the harvester was bought in 1994,there is 3592 genuine hours on this 135

post-1779-13263906003_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639060044_thumb.jpg

last of the pics....i think these were one of the most iconic tractors of our time,beaten marginally by the te20......over 252,000 135,s were produced in what was one of the longest production runs of tractors ever made...banner lane produced some of the worlds best tractors and visits to poorer countries they can be seen continuing doing there bit for food production,a testament to the quality products that were made in coventry.....a massive irreplaceable history of uk tractor production was shattered the day it closed its doors...im from massey country and was brought up on them,hope you enjoy the pics.......Brian

P.S. u can see where my red model collection stems from

post-1779-132639060075_thumb.jpg

I really, really love these pictures.

Takes me back to the middle/late 60's (i would be 5-10 years old) when the farm my father worked on had an all 135 fleet, and weeks silage trailers.

What was really great, for me, about this time was you could leave for school at 8.30am having seen the farms fleet being taken into the field ready to start around 10am and they would still be clearing the same field at 3.30pm when you got home.

The farm had a two with the early fibreglass cab, the main one on a Kidd in-line forager, the second with a loader being the trailer runner and the third with a removeable cab on the buckrake. Glory days !

Just need that kidd in line forager !!!!