My Model Builds - Past and Present.

B O R

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yesterday i began the build of this...ive already been to visit a surviving real machine to measure and picture....i worked all over christmas getting most other projects out of the way to give this one 100%concentration...such a model build will be very difficult and it wasnt even easy finding a starting point for the build..it seems the further into the machine you go the more confusing and complicated it becomes....But bit by bit ill be making all the parts and slowly working my way through the model build in the forthcoming weeks...The 1st pic shows a tanker model,the model im building will be a bagger model

post-1779-132639606916_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639606932_thumb.jpg

NOTE....I CAN NO LONGER TAKE ORDERS FOR FORAGE HARVESTERS.......My source of supplies have pretty much dried up and i have been planning this year to move on with different projects and cut down on forager builds...Ive done so many at this stage that its beginning to become a chore when one is ordered..But throughout the year i will be building 1 or 2 spare foragers as there is still a few i would like for my own collection....I still have a few foragers ordered which im trying to get through and then really want to move on with new fresh projects....things were so busy there at forager builds that i found it impossible to get on with projects that im itching to get to...

no, theres no problem with the brass,plenty of that but it has got so expensive....in my forager builds i used many parts,some of other models that were available and some from obsolete models,quite a number of parts..and the pick up came from the uh mf 169v/fendt/gallignain balers which are now discontinued,ok there will still be a few around for a while but no longer at cost price,itd mean hunting down on ebay etc so end of an era....im looking forward to new things to be honest,i have built a serious amount of foragers,every one by hand with practically no cast parts...to get all the parts i used cast would cost a fortune,a fortune i wouldnt be willing to put into it as i now see how long it takes to get a return on model investment....seems sometimes like you never do...As you may know i have been planning to scale down my model making to  doing more one off items or small batches of a model.....Time is an issue now as ive returned to work and find im now working round the clock to juggle the jobs and its not working.....

• 4 weeks later...

i have just completed this scratchbuilt grass pick up for a customer who purchased the new holland 2305 a while back.....2 x uh mf 169v balers were used and a auger from a britains new holland fx60,these were the 3x donors...1 of the trickiest bits was making the crop fingers at front,this was done by drilling 13 holes as the real 1 one has through a brass tube and then solder the pins all individually,very time consuming but worth the effort....her is a few pictures of the real 1 one,this real one is missing a guard at the side

post-1779-132639633316_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639633325_thumb.jpg

just got my 6475 today in post and minute i removed it from box i removed the wheels to paint them the colour they should be...and rebadged it to a 6480 and removed the loader brackets,no point having the brackets unless there,s a loader....

post-1779-132639638847_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639638861_thumb.jpg

Archived