My Model Builds - Past and Present.

B O R

Very true about the costings of labour amd materials but how about going one stage further and contacting a casting company, engineering company or something? I know that it would of course lessen the appeal of owning your own built model though.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i thought of that before but too much money involved and also too much risk the way things are coming out..i was going to build a grimme destoner but as ros have a licence from grimme id have hated to have spent 12 days on a grimme and then ros bring one out so my decision to build a reekie was because there are more of them around here and also no one has of yet produced reekie models.........i would of course build a one off model for casting for any customer and then he/she would have to go the next steps and obtain permission and get the model into production...i would be willing to make master casts for anyone for of course the suitable fee

• 3 weeks later...

It's the same as art...To create something so special requires so much time and study that there is almost no way to make a return...the reward comes from inside knowing how well you have done and from your peers who have experienced the same sense of creating.....once it is done that experience will stay with you forever.......even when the piece is gone.....

• 2 weeks later...

i got a imber 5640 in broken condition and worked at it and created this.....it ran into more work than i thought as the at the front of bonnet had to be filed out and the whole tractors blue bits being repainted....complete new front axle fitted and larger back rims and tyres from a ford 7810 as the 7740 had bigger wheels than the 56/6640  Not my best conversion ever but at least ive saved a broken tractors life!!!!

post-1779-132640000789_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132640000798_thumb.jpg

my guess, to fit the turbo?

another fabulous built! the front axle definately is better then on the Imber one..

also an extra step is needed in comparison with the 5640 due to the bigger back wheels. Maybe the new UH TW-series have better rims for the 7740 as well ;) But overall do like what you did with it. If i could do half of what you did here, i would be very happy  ;)

• 1 month later...

here are some jd,s im nearly finished....these are all for the same customer,and ive another 9 to build to add to it and a few implements too...so im getting there now that these are well on the way

post-1779-132640049209_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132640049251_thumb.jpg

Archived