Spalding Tractor Show April 2009... The Layouts

Lord Ferguson

yes too close mate loads of kids picking up your models all day   learnt my lesson fast  they won,t get near it next time  ::)

we had the same problem when we did the Comber show last September, came up with a great idea though, an ELECTRIC FENCE!  ;D  ;D

health and safety would not allow it, so railings are the next best option.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

we had the same problem when we did the Comber show last September, came up with a great idea though, an ELECTRIC FENCE!  ;D  ;D

health and safety would not allow it, so railings are the next best option.

A bloke with a shotgun would do the trick ;D ;D

yes too close mate loads of kids picking up your models all day   learnt my lesson fast  they won,t get near it next time  ::)

I can imagine how irresistible it must be for kids  who want to pick them up- nearly succumbed myself at Toytrac, almost a reflex action when I see a model tractor  :-[;D

It was never planned that way, I had three tables set by for me. They are layed out end to end but obviously I had them three deep instead leaving a lot of walk around space. I'd not have changed it for the world although kids fingers do need gluing in there pockets. It isn't on, luckily it's only the odd one or two. Mainly Rich and Simon actually! :D :D

I'd not have gone if we were in the hall.

The 7710 has the correct decal coming but considering the work Mattias put into this FREE model who am I to say anything but the biggest thank you.

Some great shots from Will there showing Scotts superb scratch built Laverda and header on its trolly. Just thought, this Spalding had four scratch built combines at it. . . . Not bad guys!!

As for Toytrac layouts, this year is going to be even better ;)

So come on the rest of you, get your imagination going and build up your displays. These shows need more of them!!

Stunning pics and quite brilliant layouts lads /laddesses  :-* my one regret over the two days that I didn't spend enough time dribbling over them...

51MON and Caroline's was superb (especially for a first effort) despite the distinct lack of blue  :-* Bloody nice chap too  ;)

As for the usual candidates the bar is getting higher and higher despite the lack in height of the weirdos concerned  :-*

As for Sir Graham and his dealership.....well the man is a god  ;)

Damian ..to be fair I was speechless when I saw your contribution  ;)

A big well done to all of you  ;)

It was never planned that way, I had three tables set by for me. They are layed out end to end but obviously I had them three deep instead leaving a lot of walk around space. I'd not have changed it for the world although kids fingers do need gluing in there pockets. It isn't on, luckily it's only the odd one or two. Mainly Rich and Simon actually! :D :D

I'd not have gone if we were in the hall.

The 7710 has the correct decal coming but considering the work Mattias put into this FREE model who am I to say anything but the biggest thank you.

Some great shots from Will there showing Scotts superb scratch built Laverda and header on its trolly. Just thought, this Spalding had four scratch built combines at it. . . . Not bad guys!!

As for Toytrac layouts, this year is going to be even better ;)

So come on the rest of you, get your imagination going and build up your displays. These shows need more of them!!

i dont think there needed to be more displays at spalding this time round. why? because the two excellent displays on show were awesome and im still looking at pictures on here all the time. im shell shocked- gobsmacked at the brilliance of them. the authenticity, the skill and deication thats gone into them. to see just the two side by side was overwhelming god help me at next show when theres more!. have printed off pics and shown others they are equally as stunned. keep it up bring it on

Ah yes, Damien.. .. 

His half of Yorkshires remaining quarried stone in one building effect was. .. well... I stood and chatted to Damien and Hazel for quite some time as I looked at his building and the people who stopped by looking at it and asking Dads' questions about it was ace. Word has it there are 600hrs of work and 3000 slates involved in that building. I can't get my head round it to be honest, it's a superb piece and Damien is the most modest man you'll ever meet, as Hazel - his electrician  :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...