Ideas for conversions

fred

Question

I have a plastic Ros 1114 1/32 scale tractor which I would like to convert into a Massey.

I like the Britains 698t conversion on here recently but would rather have a 699 that I have driven, but have not seen any that I like.

The Britains 2640 chassis I feel is to large.

The other tractor is a 399, again the conversions I have seen do not look quite right.

Thanks.

8 answers to this question

Tackle it yourself Fred! I'm not sure which model it is you mean... is it the one with the 600 series cab on it?

The 2000 series chassis might well be too big.... I'm sure if you start a topic and show your progress and ideas I'm sure you'll get some suggestions on what parts to use.... I know the 2000 series bonnet has been modified for use on 600 series models successfully... That just leaves you with which chassis you want... how about using the age old conversionist's method of bolting it all onto a UH chassis?

for the 699 britains volvo bm chassis, or i have used a uh celtis chassis

in all honesty i recon the uh celtis would be good for the 399 to, the 3125 699 and 399 were all similar size tractors, and when the 699 is besdie my 698t and 690 it loks pretty spot on size wise

Tackle it yourself Fred! I'm not sure which model it is you mean... is it the one with the 600 series cab on it?

The 2000 series chassis might well be too big.... I'm sure if you start a topic and show your progress and ideas I'm sure you'll get some suggestions on what parts to use.... I know the 2000 series bonnet has been modified for use on 600 series models successfully... That just leaves you with which chassis you want... how about using the age old conversionist's method of bolting it all onto a UH chassis?

Er time... I'm a fair railway modeller- scratch builds,respays and modifications.Also can use an air brush reasonably well,lathe,solder and have knowledge of vacuum forming, even though my own home vaccum forming machine did not work.Also have painted figures and started RC plane building.Have live steam trains as well.Also own a milling machine but not done much with it.I have a number of projects on the go and bought another one other the weekend Bowman 4-4-0 (234) to restore major job.Certainly a good farm yard bodger!Pretty good airgunsmith and have respayed/ touch up equipment for colour brochures.Have an NCA and NDA but only a part time agricultural worker these days,sadly forced to move on.I also have a degree.

right sorry fred , will send you another pm shortly ,

trouble is i'm also in contact with the member freds conversions & i think i sent him what i meant to send to you  ::)

no wonder i had two replies with varing degrees of vague confusion  :D :D :D

PM on the way  ::)