mf 2680 to 2640 conversion

Looks Great Paul :o

This is going to be a cracker mate!

Are you also going to chainge the wheels and front axel ???

thanks johny, no all wheels and tyres staying ,but i will be making hubs for the front wheels which will be sprayed the same as the chassis, i think the wheels are close enough to the real ones especially the rear ones,paul

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there always seems to be a debate about tyres or mainly wheels on my convos which is good and i look forward to the comments but the standard britains wheels and tyres are staying ,real life tractor eight stud mounting, britains the same, front wheels six stud mounting ,britains the same ,i will be adding/painting the wheel nuts and the front wheels will have hubs made and painted as the same colour as the chassis which is correct cheers,paul

post-1891-13263908785_thumb.jpg

post-1891-132639087978_thumb.jpg

thanks johny, no all wheels and tyres staying ,but i will be making hubs for the front wheels which will be sprayed the same as the chassis, i think the wheels are close enough to the real ones especially the rear ones,paul

I know what you mean mate but it where only a question hope you re not offended ???

I think you re convo's are great mate don't get me wrong ;)

I know what you mean mate but it where only a question hope you re not offended ???

I think you re convo's are great mate don't get me wrong ;)

no johny certainly not offended ,i was just saying that i think the wheels are very very close to the real thing, i welcome all comments from everybody its what i like about this forum ,what are you up to at the moment?paul

for a 2640 paul, try a set of jd 4020 rear tyres on the britains hubs, they fitted slightly smaller tyres and hubs to a 2640,thats why there always seems to be a big gap between the tyres and archs on them

do the jd tyres fit straight on the mf hubs sean? paul

no johny certainly not offended ,i was just saying that i think the wheels are very very close to the real thing, i welcome all comments from everybody its what i like about this forum ,what are you up to at the moment?paul

OK i am glad whit that mate ;)

Ive bin bussy on several things lateley (somewere in one off youre topics i mentioned whitch type's don't know wich topic any more :-[ )

As the 2620 to 2720 were all built in Beauvais I would guess some tractors would have come into the UK with the rear transfer. How many and for how long is anyone's guess. I was glad to find a European built tractor with that sticker on as the earlier reasoning was it was only on the bigger U.S. built tractors. Either way use the one's you want and I look forward to seeing the final result.

As the 2620 to 2720 were all built in Beauvais I would guess some tractors would have come into the UK with the rear transfer. How many and for how long is anyone's guess. I was glad to find a European built tractor with that sticker on as the earlier reasoning was it was only on the bigger U.S. built tractors. Either way use the one's you want and I look forward to seeing the final result.

thanks for your help eurodeere i still cant or havent seen one in the uk so i will not put it on but your picture proves they are on other models as well as u.s versions so thanks for your help will post pictures this weekend if not working cheers,paul