MF 399

fred

Question

10 answers to this question

Thanks MJB1 got the thread was not if it was the Volvo Bm for a 399.Always thought the 399 was a totally new tractor from the ground up with a new engine gearbox.Think your 698 turbo 4wd is brilliant,but only ever drove a 699 and still have only one cab and floorpan to work with.

Thanks MJB1 got the thread was not if it was the Volvo Bm for a 399.Always thought the 399 was a totally new tractor from the ground up with a new engine gearbox.Think your 698 turbo 4wd is brilliant,but only ever drove a 699 and still have only one cab and floorpan to work with.

matter of fact i think you're right , i seem to remember the early 399 had a side mount drive shaft to the front axle although i may well be wrong

think you are right marcus, I`m sure one we hired a while back to spread fertiliser  was that way, it was one of the first  black cabbed ones with gold wheels......came through the mf dealer off a farm at sanquar , if I remember correctly......clunky beast but coped admirably with our hills  as did a 3085 we got for a few years after that........it was taken  in part ex and nobody wanted it second hand...dunno what happened it in the end.I know it was out on hire  a lot  as we could only get it for a week at a time.

Here's couple of pics of ours if they help. The drive shaft came down the lhs of the engine from a transfer box behind g'box. Back end was more or less a 185(?) with assister rams.  :)

post-300-132639085599_thumb.jpg

post-300-132639085604_thumb.jpg