windscreen wipers

Paul Palmer

Question

13 answers to this question

Get some black plastic card, cut it up into thin strips with a hobby knife and a steel rule, spot of super glue ,wiper arm, blade, and Roberts your fathers brother.

i just found a new saying  :D i usually say bobs your unlce but that sounds better :D

dave twose used to sell them for about 50p a wiper, of uh models to, so lot cheaper than buying a model to just take it apart

did'nt realise that one should have known :D i'v been doing mine out of a strip of wire ;) not perfect but gives the image :) will have to email dave now :D :D

did'nt realise that one should have known :D i'v been doing mine out of a strip of wire ;) not perfect but gives the image :) will have to email dave now :D :D

I just make mine from fine brass rod soldered at the joint - once they're painted they look OK.  :)

I'm with the black plasticard camp, that's what I use.... yet to get one right mind you... then for the parallel arms I fold a piece of brass in half and bend the loose ends over at 90 degrees... drill a hole in the cab to glue the tails in and then glue the wiper blade to the other end of the brass where it's bent over in half.... surely makes no sense to you but it does to me.... might be able to see it on the front of the 106... :-\

I'm with the black plasticard camp, that's what I use.... yet to get one right mind you... then for the parallel arms I fold a piece of brass in half and bend the loose ends over at 90 degrees... drill a hole in the cab to glue the tails in and then glue the wiper blade to the other end of the brass where it's bent over in half.... surely makes no sense to you but it does to me.... might be able to see it on the front of the 106... :-\

i will take a look simon ,cheers paul