Ashford Contracting

05rich

good going rich , how long will it be before you have tris itching to get back to leverets then i wonder ? :D :D

the filler looks well mate , but wondering if like tris said to score it & seal it with a pva mix , i think thats maybe why the cracks have apeared , the mdf has sucked the moisture from the filler , have to carefull it doesn't slide off the shed in one big slab

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that just render you have gone for then, rather than scoring in brick/stone detail? Colourwise it ought to be weathered. I painted mine a cotswold stone colour then smeared it with a grey to make it look older.

yes just the render ;) , i tried the brick/stone and it ended in a mess  >:( so thas why its just the render  :P

good going rich , how long will it be before you have tris itching to get back to leverets then i wonder ? :D :D

the filler looks well mate , but wondering if like tris said to score it & seal it with a pva mix , i think thats maybe why the cracks have apeared , the mdf has sucked the moisture from the filler , have to carefull it doesn't slide off the shed in one big slab

i think i will cover it in pva , but keep te rendered look  ;)

like that finish rich, get a bit of weathering on it, maybe a bush or two growing up the side, it will look spot on, have seen a few old cob buildings down this way with that sort of plaster finish, few houses to, nightmare to paint

thanks, i will try to get paint on it next week  ;)

what do yo think of this ,it is still a "work in progress".

it is a mutipurpose farm shed with hay loft , 1 third of which has been conerted in to a room for whatever it is needed for.

i just need to work out what to use for steps to the right , any ideas?

its going to be covered in brick paper , does any one know where you can get decent cheep stuff?

IMG_0458.jpg

here is how it will be positioned  :)

IMG_0459.jpg

Brick paper is ok, cheap brick paper you will ruin it. You have a lovely looking structure there Rich. A real proper looking old farm building. I'd look hard for something which is really going to do it justice buddy  :)

1:50 Scale Roof Riles

http://www.ema-models.co.uk/products/03508-scale-roof-tiles.html

1:50 Dressed Stone

http://www.ema-models.co.uk/products/03574-plastikard-dressed-stone.html

Plenty more on that page, Rich. Cheap it may not be but worth it, it definately is.

Paper for dolls houses so lilely to be quite large pattern :-\

http://www.fredaldous.co.uk/product_392470001.htm

I'll keep looking for you.

what about the plaster option again rich, but scribe the blocks in, jdc has done it, you got the first one done ok mate thats for sure

thanks for the comment , but to be honest i would rather do it in bricks  :)

so here is the story so far  :)

well the boss at ashford contacting has bought a smallholding called hill farm which includes a yard , three fields , and a small wood.

he is planning to restore the old barns , which otherwise would have gone in to disrepare.

he will have some sheep , beef herd , and chickens.

the small holding will be run by old tractors and machinery with some help from new ones.

do you like it  ? ;D

and hows this CMB ?  :)

Thats more like it. now if you wanted to be really original you could give that major a vintage roll to pull as befitting its size and age  ;)

so here is the story so far  :)

well the boss at ashford contacting has bought a smallholding called hill farm which includes a yard , three fields , and a small wood.

he is planning to restore the old barns , which otherwise would have gone in to disrepare.

he will have some sheep , beef herd , and chickens.

the small holding will be run by old tractors and machinery with some help from new ones.

do you like it  ? ;D

sounds good to me good to see older tractors working then new ones like the shed as well :);D

The colouring of the shed is much better, Rich. Bit of JAVIS Scenics licken up the side for ivy and you're done. Looks really nice, good to read what you're aiming for with the smallholding idea too.

The colouring of the shed is much better, Rich. Bit of JAVIS Scenics licken up the side for ivy and you're done. Looks really nice, good to read what you're aiming for with the smallholding idea too.

thanks tris , ive got some licken so i will do that tonight  ;)