my farming pics

intey 434

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks pete. sorry i didnt get more pics of the rest of the fleet :-\

firstly there is a new holland 7840 on the kuhn 303 mower, then the mf 565 on the krone rake, on the pottinger there is a fait 110/90 turboed. on the silo is the matbro tr250

also about the yard is a david brown on the feeder, 2 mf135s, sanderson forklift and thats it i think :D8)

• 3 weeks later...

Are you putting silage in to a pit that hasn't been cleaned out and full of slurry/water?  :o

Nice to see an older tractor on a modern rake too.

:D :D :D :D the pit lay open for about 2 and a half days and rain started on us, also there was layers of spuds lashed into the silo and the bosses son decided to roll the pit, the spuds had no gras covering them at this stage and he crushed most of them turning then into more or less water which didnt help matters much ::) ::)

Great pictures, how dows the haybob work? It looks like a tedder but the tines are upside down.  ???

the tines are on a sprung pin, whenever you turn on the pto the speed flicks them out, this then catches the grass....if you understand me? :D hard to explain :-\

That grab looks great how much did it cost you to make if you dont mind me asking ? :);)

I dunno but i would think it would be cheaper to buy a new one??

wel cerin a new grab was avreaging in around 800pound, then on top of this was the hitch for the loadal which is another 100-200 pounds

started our own grab, the steel cost 180 pounds, then we had to get pins and bushes, this cost 100. w had an old loader lying up the back so we used the ram off it. the hitch only cost 80 pounds from a local steel fabricator. in total the grab cost 360 :-\ a big differnce from 900 :o :o

the tines are on a sprung pin, whenever you turn on the pto the speed flicks them out, this then catches the grass....if you understand me? :D hard to explain :-\

Makes sense, our hay rake at work uses a similar concept but the tines don't turn all the way up on that model.

wel cerin a new grab was avreaging in around 800pound, then on top of this was the hitch for the loadal which is another 100-200 pounds

started our own grab, the steel cost 180 pounds, then we had to get pins and bushes, this cost 100. w had an old loader lying up the back so we used the ram off it. the hitch only cost 80 pounds from a local steel fabricator. in total the grab cost 360 :-\ a big differnce from 900 :o :o

Nice well worth it then mate bet you feel proud of that  ;)

Red and Yellow i think ;)

Makes sense, our hay rake at work uses a similar concept but the tines don't turn all the way up on that model.

ah right ;)

Nice well worth it then mate bet you feel proud of that  ;)

Red and Yellow i think ;)

well with the credit crunch and all the rest :D :D