Gregoire Besson SPER8 Wagonplough

It was with great trepidation, I opened the package for this model. Have we tossed away 44£ on an equally sad plow like the poor Lemken wagonplow? So at first glance every idea a confirmation that it looked like reports timely and miserable out... missed and miserable! When you with precision as a brain surgeon scratching away steel wire that ROOT plow in the package as I was thinking that it is not possible to get out of the whole plough in one piece, so I memorized where I put the glue ... However, every disappointment changed to a certain joy when you received the plow in the hand and I felt that it was not soft like a boiled spaghetti when you held it, plowbodys were stable. So when I released the plow from everything and put it down on the bench I realized that this is a whole different trip than Lemkenplough!! This was a clear-out as UH perhaps learned from the just so tragic Lemken.

It was a joy to turn it on the tractor and start experiment with it, it is stable, not declining. This was worth its money and I am satisfied, this is a wagon plow that works and you have not set up on the shelf for all future. The only drawback is that frontlegs that holds the plow up folds like Bambi, but in other WHIRL OF HAPPINESS is a small thing in context! So the thought of this plow, it is just to shop, It is wort it I think anyway!

Here are some sample images took yesterday on the kitchen bench…

gx1F39h9.jpg

gx1F3bMi.jpg

gx1F3egr.jpg

gx1F3gLA.jpg

gx1F3jfJ.jpg

Excellent review Benny, i'll be getting one at some point, but nice to know from what you say it is more solid than the Lemken....i'll give it a run on the carpet when she arrives  :)

Thanks, my english is not the best but I try!

So compare it with the Kverneland this is one snap ahead in function, I like when things work and when you can "play" with it so static models is not my cup of tea  ;D I see this plough as top of the line so far but the Kvernerland is a nice polugh, no doubt about it! But with this plough UH has given me a second thought about their work and I see more positive on them now. The Kuhn reversible plough is still a setback I think, but the latest years of UH releases is a big step forward and this plough proves it!

The UH one does look the part, your photography is spot on!! Nice to see it behind my favourite Fendt, as well!!! Im hoping to get one or the other at the toy fair at Shepton Mallet on sunday, seeing it in the flesh will (hopefully...) make my mind up!!!!

Nice to see it behind my favourite Fendt, as well!!!

I love the Fendt 718 First Edition from Siku, I got 6 of them  ;) hehehehe

I wonder how much HP the Gregoire requires from the tractor??? Cant se it on their homepage.

The 718 can pull the Kverneland  ;D

Theres a 10 furrow with press being pulle by a Fendt 930, they have 300hp. Im sure ive read somewere you work on 25hp per furrow, which would be 225hp.

I have an 818, and a petrol blue 936, I'm hoping to obtain an 718 as I cant attach the siku kuhn fert spinner to the 818, and the its to small for the 936, looks odd!!!!

Thanks for the photos and appraisal Benny.  I recently bought the Kuhn and once I removed the packaging I realised I  had wasted my money as its poor build quality and wont fit on my JD7930 >:(

I think it might be ok if I can modify it to fit to my Wiking JD 7530 convo but basically im dissapointed.

I also have the Kverneland which is excellently built but the mouldboards are twice the size of the Kuhns which begs the question who is really making their model ploughs to 1/32 and who is not ???

I think the KV may have to go along with its dealerbox ::) as I like the look of the GB and it will look great behind  my JD7930/8330 and no doubt JD8345R ::) when Ertl make one later this year after the real machines autumn release:D

• 4 months later...

Have many of you fellow weirdos bought this plough as I am interested in your views  ;)

I opened one and thought it was much better than the Kuhn and just wondered what the word on the street was as I haven't heard much about this (probably just me)  ;)

I Had a look at this plough, very well put together as Bennys review below states. I've heard a few bad things about the Kuhn, I need to get a smaller plough so may try "pimping" a siku 5 furrow....

This or the kvernland 7 furrow come highly reccomended though.