sparrow legs MF 35 (ive gone red)

well ive gone to the red side :-[ ive not bought the 35 but its is on long term load to me from a good friend, 2 of my mates and myself are restoring it as an ongoing project. it will be used at local rallys and working days along with road runs

the duel wheels are just to make it that bit different, one of my mates is dueled up aswell.

post-194-132639106609_thumb.jpg

we have the bonnet etc for it but its rough, tractor been stood 6 years or so, we towed it off and it ran, since then we have fitted fresh rear wheels and duels and secondhand front wheels, done the injectors, re wired it and put a new seat assy and steering wheel on today, its going to its first show next weekend.

its great to drive, i used to have a tef20 but this is so much better with the high low box

also had the back end stripped to clean out, free off the hyd lift etc and done the brakes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

update

in june we got the hyds stripped out, cleaned and re assembled and now work fine.

3 weeks ago we went on a road trip to agriline and £2000 of parts later its getting a full restoration, the engine has been stripped and is half re built, we ground the new valves in last week, re assembled clutch and put skid back together.

its not getting a full repaint yet, its been needel brushed down and will be primed and run like this for a season of road runs, if theres no leaks it will then get a full respray next spring.

I'm glad to see you have not gone totally red...is that your green godess as well ??? ???

no not my great goddess, its a member of the local vintage clubs, im mates with his nephew so we "play" with it at rallys squirting water etc, another mate also has one so they take the pair to rallys ;D

• 1 year later...

Very cool, Mike - looking forward to seeing the restoration. Does he/she have a name?

i dont name tractors, there an object not a person ha ha!  The tractor is now fully restored, aint any pics at hand but its had a 110% restoration, it did a 300 mile road run the other week :of

the lastest project is a david brown 780 industrial

i dont name tractors, there an object not a person :)  The tractor is now fully restored, aint any pictures at hand but its had a 110% restoration, it did a 300 mile road run the other week :of

the lastest project is a david brown 780 industrial

I can't help but sing the song "Always look on the bright side of life" when I read you posts Mike. I'd be interesetd to see the images of your 110% restoration when you get the time please.

Perhaps we could name Mikes tractor for him... any suggestions ???

I can't help but sing the song "Always look on the bright side of life" when I read you posts Mike. I'd be interesetd to see the images of your 110% restoration when you get the time please.

Daffney (spelling)?

ive kept out of your posts since you got upset mark, why try and stir it up here? all ive said is i dont name tractors so why try and name it for me? it is a top restoration job, ive no pics to hand but its had about 2 1/2 grand spent on so it looks nothing like the pics above.

You've not upset me Mike.. I'm sorry that you think you have.

I think you should Lighten up a little young man  ;)

I'd still be interested to see you restoration if that's possible.. as an MF enthusiast and specifically an MF35 owner I'd love to see it - you, of all people, know how I love shiny paint  :P

Cranky?

Oh and what about a name for the tractor too?!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nice to have a little project to work on I am sure, I take your mates are doing the finance for parts and you're lending a hand doing her up? Bet it's nice on the road runs irrespective of the colour (or lack of!) with the wind in your face  :)