john deere 6310se info wanted

sparrow legs

im looking at a jd 6310se 4wd to replace my 3040 2wd, ive no idea on the spec of them, anyone any details etc of standard tyre sizes, lift capacity, weight etc its comming up in a farm sale but im unsure if it will be a match for the tractor i have, its the same hp but looks much smaller, i need the weight for stability on my 5.9m flail arm. any help would be well recived and also repots on driving views from operators of the above sized machine

hi there

ive driven one of these 6310se and it went well it was a loader tractor that was stable

it was used on the silage pit and a d1010 baler that would normally require 130 horsepower

it  also lugged bales with a 40ft artic trailer 20mile round trip.

good tractor has since been replaced by a 6330 premium.

ps quite a basic tractor no electrics yipee=)

From the brochure mike

100hp engine 4cyl turbo 4.530 ltr Bore and stroke 106.5/127max tourque 402.6nm 1495 rpm at max toruqe31% reverse tourque constant power range. 460 rpm

oil cooled perma clutch , 225mm discs

Tyres

13.6r24 rear 16.9r 34

2.400 wheelbase

4144 length

8000kg max weight, 3952kg payload max

Any thing else mike?

I used to drive a 6310 Mike, they pull alright but at 4 cylinders I think you'll find it a bit too unstable for your hedgecutter. Our contractor has a 6610 on his 6.5m Spearhead and certainly wouldn't want anything smaller on it, was a 6600 before that. Its also a lightweight tractor so think you may be asking a bit much of it with your trimmer on all the time :-\

used to drive a 6310 pq, good tractor it would do anything if others were busy, plough 4 furrow,mow 10 foot khun or grasshopper draw 10 tone silage trailers do anything the other 120-140 hp tractors used to do ..only thing it didnt do was  sow with the  4 metre comby bit much for her

Why have an SE when a premium can be picked up for around the same price? Or is it just because it's near?

off a local farm from new, 2500hrs on a T plate and it has the optional aircon fitted ;) not the tractor i want but it could act as a steping stone to save hiring a tractor for now ;)