Could a Siku RC be made to run on Scalextrics?

ihatepoundland

Question

11 answers to this question

hi

don't know , i have pulled one apart to see how it works , it is complicated , best thing would be gut it and just leave the rear axel motor in and re wire direct to it ,

it would be good if you had a field with tram lines in and run it of that in a loop for the filed , spraying ot fert spreading ??

dave

I was just thinking that if i ever did set up a proper layout somewhere, I might as well run a length of scalextric as a road, being 1:32 and all, so there could be a few tractors running up and down it occasionally, carting trailers etc....its a long long way off but it was an interesting thought. Thanks though dave, I don't have any RC siku myself, but I think you are right in that if it is just two wires, it should work really.

I went to a indoor model village/ display when I was up near Darlington. They had a Britains Valtra running around the display on a Scalextrics track, along with other models. Didn't see how it had been done, but looked good, if a bit fast! :D

Nah, it'd be cool to have a tractor race  ;D  the siku idea would only need the pickup brushing and those are 25p (its more the ?55 that I dont have for the tractor thats stopping that idea), old cars are plentiful as well, had a thought about fitting the whole running gear into a standard tractor - a MB trac should take it well (but they are a bit wide) but I think the gearing in the siku is important if I want it to tow anything. Anyway, not going to do it for now, just wondering if it could.

Thanks for the work Dave, it does look like connecting the motor to the track would not be hard at all, although it might require some electrical jiggery pokery to go from the 12v track to the tractors supply (is it 3.7v?). I've been thinking that maybe reducing the voltage and wiring it externally into the original batteries terminals would mean that the tractor could still be used as a battery RC tractor when needed, although the RC unit would have to be stuck in the forward posistion. maybe getting hold of a geared 12v motor and a normal tractor/combine to fit it to, would be a simpler, cheaper solution, thinking about it, it seems retrograde to stick a RC tractor on a track.

hi

yes put a motor straght in to a normal tractor ( siku, as it can be taken apart and screwed back together) would work ,

dave

P.S i will never get this fendt back together !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-[

Thankfully you did it before me Dave!!!!!