Marky's new tractor shed and barn - some ideas please !

Lord Ferguson

Question

Good morning chaps... Have been busy in the workshop making a new barn and tractor shed for my upcoming loft farm.  Will start on the tractor shed first.... Would like suggestions on how to age the thing - what colour to paint the cladding as I'm not happy with the green - What colour to do the yard (and what to do with the yard really)... any other suggestions on how to NOT make it look like some prat's made it out of plastic parts (which it currently does) - Criticism I can take in any dose so I won't be offended in any way - this is only my second attempt at barn building and I'm keen to learn from you masters on here...

Have routed the sides to fit into the base about 2mm to help with construction..

C:\Documents and Settings\Mark_2\My Documents\Mark

• Answers 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I mounted it on plasticard Doc and I'm hoping to leave it plain white to simulate plasterboard - This is very like the main building we have at work - down to the black cladding as well - what do you think  ??? - Remember I'm going for an Ag. Engineers rather than a farm style  ;)

I mounted it on plasticard Doc and I'm hoping to leave it plain white to simulate plasterboard - This is very like the main building we have at work - down to the black cladding as well - what do you think  ??? - Remember I'm going for an Ag. Engineers rather than a farm style  ;)

I thought you might have based it on your unit at work, it looks good but like I say, I think you might be one of the more wealthy farmers around to afford the internal cladding!!

If it's any consolation, I will most likely do the same with mine.  ;)

Thanks Doc  ;) - Maybe a coldstore then  :D :D - I would have had to clad it both sides if not and it's working out bloody expensive as it is - This cladding (4D) is too thin to stand up on it's own - could have added purlings to the farme I suppose  :(::)

Thanks Doc  ;) - Maybe a coldstore then  :D :D - I would have had to clad it both sides if not and it's working out bloody expensive as it is - This cladding (4D) is too thin to stand up on it's own - could have added purlings to the farme I suppose  :(::)

like mine!!....it helps to support them and gives it something to glue to as well!  :) :)

I think my next one will be like yours Ben - this is only my second attempt and I'm learning as I go  ;)

yeah same here....that big barn my first attempt and gets more detail each day! :D::)

the tractor shed was the second and isnt as good....but it is a different style  :)

Too right about the cost, I'm just planning my first building and it's going to cost me close to ?65 just for the cladding.  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Either a grain store or a big barn, not sure which first..... probably a barn first as the grain store is going to be all singing and dancing if I can find the time to do it...... I think Mrs "P" will want her new living room building first though!!!