Marky's mini and micro digger topic - Now with 'lil' Doug new on 08th June 2011

It has been mentioned a couple of times that these little diggers are a favourite prey of thieves and we get very few back UNLESS they have been fitted with some sort of tracking device. Whatever you decide to get please make sure it has a tracker on it, if it already has one then make sure you keep up the yearly payments to the tracking company, I have had a couple go missing and when we have contacted Tracker to boost the signal we have been told that the cover has expired or not been transferred to the new owner.  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well well a lot of wanbees out there  :D :D :D :D :D

all the machines are about the same marky its the opperater that makes a machine work  ;) ;)

hitachi and kelbelco,komatsu, jcb,kubota and cat are the top end market

tackanuchi? pel job,newholland bobcat(dawoo/dosan) are the mid price range

its all down to cost mate and wot you want it for

if you want some help in the second hand market let me know mate and i will try and advise you if not look one over for you

try and stay away from xhire ones if poss

Not sure about price marky but what about terex?? local utility contractor use them. I have spoken to a couple of their operators them reckon they are great machines. Also what about Volvo, they have some very good finance deals 0% over 4 years on a load of there machines not sure if small diggers are included?

I'll look into thse too... many thanks..

My dad worked for VME (Volvo cionstruction) for many years at their UK HQ in Duxford near Cambridge - I wonder if he could 'pull some strings' for me actually - he's been retired for a few years mind you  :-\

I'll look into thse too... many thanks..

My dad worked for VME (Volvo cionstruction) for many years at their UK HQ in Duxford near Cambridge - I wonder if he could 'pull some strings' for me actually - he's been retired for a few years mind you  :-\

Marky we have run Volvo (pel-job before the takeover) for many years and they have proved to be very reliable and popular with customers.

We have EC15's, EC20's, EC25's, EC35's and EC55's.

Volvo don't do a 0.8ton machine but I think you'd find while that size machine is great going through gateways it 's not big enough to do much more :-\ :-\

My mate uses Volvo for the smaller diggers and JCB for their larger machines. Not sure why they switched their smaller ones over to Volvo or whether they will do the same when the bigger JCB's come up for change. Must be some sense in it though I suppose.

Naaaaaa rubbish! JCB! ;D

we have twenty two volvo mini diggers in work . doin all uilitilty work from 1.6 ton to 7.5.hold there price any parts dealer has no problem gettin ya stuff. jcb s rubber tyres for electric pole work and cat and hitachi for the big track diggers.

• 2 weeks later...

if i were you i would go for a kubota u17 or if your looking at a second hand one a u15 as it has been re-badge to u17 as it has always been 1.7 ton. and with our u10 the only thing its needed in 3 years is a track but thats just general wear and tear. also it will be used for 2 or 3 days solid then itll sit round for a fortnight doing nothing, it could even sit around for a couple of months and it will be fine. on the other hand, if your thinking of renting it out to people you dont know you should go for either a 750kg or 1 ton model as 1 ton is the largest you can hire out to the public. as for moving it i know they cost a bit more but you would be better off with an ifor williams

• 1 month later...

I posted this (twice) in the new forum... but for those who didn't get to see it... Thanks to Paul 'captain' Cape-on I've recently bought a Kubota mini-digger...

DSC_8529.jpg

looks to be a nicely cared for machine... and at a reasonable price too  :)

Many thanks Paul... once again..

DSC_8524.jpg

DSC_8523.jpg

nice buy Marky. are you gonna get a quick hitch for her? does she have a radio  ;D:D

thanks Murray.. no.... and no I suspect..  :D :D :D

nice marky, can you fit in the cab though? theyre a naff size cab :D

Thanks buddy... I can fit in the cab... with a run up.. and after I've smothered myself in washing up liquid  :D :D

my uncle has one on his mini digger he bought one with 3000 hours on it and did her up :-\ quick hitch is a waste of time really because you can carry the buckets by hand  :D

quick hitch waste of time?! no way, i was on a 1.5 ton takeuchi without a quick hitch, my word i was sick of changing buckets!!

nice buy marky, she seems in good shape! how old?