The Adventures of Marky and HATTIE the MF5480 - born 18th July 2009

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good on your loader Marky,wee mixer wagon on the back filled with silage and veg waste and you'll have cows queing up for miles.

Sounds good to me Ol... only problem is... we don't have many cows around here these days  :-[ :'(

Now... I did this to a road junction keep left sign the other day...

IMAGE_403.jpg

Why... well just because I can  :P

is your 3rd service power beyond or doe you push the button and it locks out the crowd/ dump?

looks like a fun bucket to have, like my anbro grapple

how long before kev or robbo comes and locks you up for willful destruction..... ha ha!

It does lock out the crowd Nick.... you've got to remember to return it to neutral before letting go of the button or you return it to crowd/dump with a jerk  :of

I must add that the cone appeared in my yard about 12 months ago... it wasn't 'growing' along the road  :-[

yeah thats the same as all our loaders then

the contartors loaders have power beyond, ohh i love it, onece you have that you will never go back.... one loader is eletronic joystick, so smoth and easy to use...

our new tractor will have power beyond and eletro controls, will have front hitch also... they are talking red, but not case... ewwwww yuck...

You know they have those Eddie spotters for Eddie Stobart Lorries, well I think we should start a Hattie Spotters club.... I'l start. 8.45am coming into Cambridge into traffic on Wednesday i think...... Saw her the other week somewhere else also.....

You know they have those Eddie spotters for Eddie Stobart Lorries, well I think we should start a Hattie Spotters club.... I'l start. 8.45am coming into Cambridge into traffic on Wednesday i think...... Saw her the other week somewhere else also.....

:D :D  .. guilty as charged I do believe.... we'll should have an FTF wave I reckon.  I do get some looks when I go right through the middle of town as well... I beat a VW Polo off the lights on East Road Wednesday morning  :P:D :D

:D :D  .. guilty as charged I do believe.... we'll should have an FTF wave I reckon.  I do get some looks when I go right through the middle of town as well... I beat a VW Polo off the lights on East Road Wednesday morning  :P:D :D

you hoodlum!

• 4 weeks later...

I've had a weigher fitted to Hattie recently... as well as my forklift... our aggregate sales have increased a lot recently... as well as the odd muck away job too.  I'll be able to weigh anything in my bucket now to within A 2% accuracy... which I reckon is pretty damn good really  :-\

You have to lift the loader to the calibrated height (indicated by a bleep in the cab... for those of you with an engineering mind... it's this distance sensor (in black) and magnet (red disc)...

DSCN0800.jpg

Then, at the correct height the system reports the weight on this in cab readout..

DSCN0797.jpg

You can 'tally up' the weights too when loading.. which is hugely useful for giving a total load weight (makes it possible to charge by the tonne and not the cube (..ic metre)

As well as cube bags... I now keep a bund full of MOT (type 1, track ballast), one of sharp sand and one full of topsoil too

DSCN0805.jpg

I've been messing about today with my mate to dig out and concrete a pad for Dave the burger van who parks on my front grass... it's well handy to have all the kit.. I reckon I have saved myself a small fortune for this jobby.

Paul on Doug (my digger)... me on muck away...

DSCN0793.jpg

DSCN0794.jpg

and the finished job...

DSCN0802.jpg

As Doug can't reach over the McCauly trailer, I used the little 4tonner.. tipped it into my bund and then loaded the big trailer when we'd finished

DSCN0803.jpg

Now... you might like to know that there is 11,560kg in that trailer  :-\ :D :D :D

we have a few builders come in the yard Bas for the odd bucket or two of stuff... so we can make sure we don't give them a short measure (or even too much !)... I buy my aggregates by the tonne... so it makes sense to sell them out by the tonne.  I'll use the forklifts weigher for loading baled waste for recycling.. rather than rely on the honesty (or dishonesty in some cases) of my waste recyclers.

It's also going to be useful for making collections of 'muck away' ... which despite the name is usually soil and mixed building waste like concrete and bricks etc

Those Weighlog's are good bits of kit Marky, we had one on an old JCB 525-67 on the estate I used to work on, it certainly helped us to keep tabs on what we were loading on lorries when drivers weren't paying attention ::)

Funny that, we bought a set of weigh cells and a galvanised platform at work for similar reasons last week......we want to make sure that we aren't being ripped off when we sell cows to the meat trade, just helps us keep tabs on weaning weights and other things too a well

You can't beat having your own weight mate can you  :-\  ... word soons gets about too... I suspect we'll get a more accurate weight from those who we do rely on to tell us now they know we can check it as it's loaded at our end  :-\  .. I am convinced that one of them gives me a better price to get the job... then 'has me over' on the weight afterwards

No you can't, we used it for the first time last Tuesday/Wednesday and it was interesting to see the difference in weights in the cows and the calves. For every honest business there seems to be 2 dishonest ones out there......