The Adventures of Marky and HATTIE the MF5480 - born 18th July 2009

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant bit of kit Mark. I've used them on Volvo's for loading sewage cake and other machines too, will you have to calibrate it yearly or more often? I ask as you will be using to charge a price for what has to be an accurate weight.

Brilliant bit of kit Mark. I've used them on Volvo's for loading sewage cake and other machines too, will you have to calibrate it yearly or more often? I ask as you will be using to charge a price for what has to be an accurate weight.

it's got to be calibrated annually mate... but I also have to have all my scales done like that anyway.  And my temperature measuring equipment calibrated too  :of :'(

We can check it outselves with some 'known value' weights regularly... such as spuds for instance

I thought you would. Also, when hauling anything back to base will you tip in the yard then load it in the bunds with the loader so you can define the weight you were loaded by a third party was right? Or.... can you also use the monitor to take readings from a second channel, ie a trailer?

its only on the tractor Tris... it works from the hydraulic pressure... I guess it could be calibrated to work on a tipping trailer  :-\  ...

I get a few deliveries of MOT and Sand... although I guess I could check it... I doubt I will do mate.  It's more for the cardboard mils I send too really

we don't use Doug for the bags now mate... I had a 'carlos fandango' bag hopper made a few months ago... I load them with the loader now... one (level) bucket is a cubic metre which is well handy

DSCN0803.jpg

it's on the left here in the bund mate.. hold it up with the forklift... hang a bag from the bottom... tip a bucket in the top and bob's your uncle

;D ;D ;D ;D  so dougs redundant as such then bar little jobs like this concrete pad, and i see you covered the bt ducts in sand to protect them to by the way ;);D ;D ;D

Bloody BT ducts... they were only about 2" below the ground in places... we had to dig around them and drop them down a bit  >:(

Bloody BT ducts... they were only about 2" below the ground in places... we had to dig around them and drop them down a bit  >:(

thats about right mate  ;D ;D , anything thats 30cm or lower would pass a legal case if damaged, but bear in mind we dont lay them, the builders of the site would have, we just supply free of charge ,hence why they are only that depth, no quallity control see :D :D :D :D

will you fit it to doug as well in the future then mate?? seeing as she fills bags ect, may be worth it to if you rent her out, with the soil away part, automaticly tot the totals up ,i guess they can do a sealed non tamper unit for you if needed

Not sure if you can on booms with a secondary arm, Sean. Like Mark said, the unit is calibrated to read from a set height, on an excavator this can be awkward given there are two variables. I will stand corrected though. ...

The trailer could work the same way, Mark. Raise the body to a calibrated height for the reading. Just depends if the meter has a secondary channel to save another set of settings on.

Sean... I hold YOU responsible... what's more I demand you come and move them on your way up to Spalding in April  ;):P:D :D

Tris.... it's got 5 channels in total which can be calibrated to work from pressure... so it would be possible I am sure.  The harvest crew I worked for this year did this when we were tipping at some of the stores away from the main stores weighbridge

Sean... I hold YOU responsible... what's more I demand you come and move them on your way up to Spalding in April  ;):P:D :D

Tris.... it's got 5 channels in total which can be calibrated to work from pressure... so it would be possible I am sure.  The harvest crew I worked for this year did this when we were tipping at some of the stores away from the main stores weighbridge

There's another pound an hour!  ;)

• 1 month later...

Forgot to post this the other day (or at least.. I don't think I did  :-[  (getting old))

I had some whizzo stobe (amber) lights fitted to the back of my dumper - I'm doing a lot of work on the A14 lately and you can't scrimp on safety (well at least where I am involved  ;D  ) (that was a joke by the way) (honest)... anyway.. cop a butchers have a look at this...

a91bb81c.jpg

either side of the McCauley cut out  :)