The Adventures of Marky and HATTIE the MF5480 - born 18th July 2009

Marky back to your uumm Device?  ;D

If you took out the cube bit on it between the big wide bit at top and the bag holder at bottom would that benefit any? Would make it lower for you  :-\

Also if required you could put a sheet of metal on the open side just flat so it still worked on forklift, would stop any soil spilling out if it took a second or so to filter down through spout?

Blake you are absolutely correct buddy - the sides are not needed and I do intend to plas them off at some point and glue the bottom back on to the top - the side could well be enclosed but we leave it like that as there is really no need to block it in - when you fill the hopper you can tip it down the slope if you are careful and avoid covering the forklift operator in the process. But.... as above... you are bang on with both suggestions, both I have considered before and one of them I do intend to do - watch this space

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blake you are absolutely correct buddy - the sides are not needed and I do intend to plas them off at some point and glue the bottom back on to the top - the side could well be enclosed but we leave it like that as there is really no need to block it in - when you fill the hopper you can tip it down the slope if you are careful and avoid covering the forklift operator in the process. But.... as above... you are bang on with both suggestions, both I have considered before and one of them I do intend to do - watch this space

At least my Engineering Diploma went to some use!  ;D

May have been said but a quick thought. ... How about your engineer bloke fitting some hoops under the hopper to hang a bag from and leave a euro pallet underneath. That way the hopper stays static and the forklift is free to move and stack, leaving the euro pallet by the hopper ready for lumpy to push underneath when he erm ... . hangs your sack . .. .. erm so to speak. . ..

been doing fine sp far mark , carry on as you are  :)

tris we've had those buckets at the mills for years , but without the hooks.

their purpose was if you were loading loose into seperate compartments , but it was too much for the forklift drivers to have to keep getting off the seat to change buckets so now they just sit in the yard rusting , what a waste , i think i know of two of them , but most mills have had a surge on a clean up so may have been scrapped , , it would work well , as long as the soil was dry, the gravel would be fine though , if yer interested mark i could see if they're for sale , if they still have them , MVF wont be useing them again

• 3 weeks later...

Missed this post... yes please Marcus... if they are cheap enough then I know someone who may want one.

Just a quick update to Hatties 'blog' ... 1600 hours service performed last week (at about 1610 hours)... still no major faults - few niggles but nothing worth talking about. Engine is not burning a spot of oil - which I thinki is good given the length of time she sits ticking over on the baler.. especially lately.

I took her grass cutting today, on the Twose flail - always puts a smile on my face does that  :)  .. sadly it was for a mate.. favour for a favour - so no till ringing on that one  :-[ :'(

This week is all mapped out as well..

Tomorrow going to the tip with my general waste in the dumper... then back to load a lorry with baled cardboard

Thursday - baling two farms in St.Ives and Sawtry

Friday - baling my local farmers stuff... and a local garden centre I do

Saturday - going to fetch topsoil

She seems to be used daily these days - I really don't know what I'd do without her now... roll on the launch of the 5600.. I just hope they are 50k equipped !

And then it would be ofcourse the new serie´s that MF are going to launch :P

But i think you should buy a new one and keep Hattie also :P :P  or even better stall Hattie over here and say she is stolen she is always welcome here mate ;D ;D ;)

Well that's it then... Buy them both  :P

i am just a poor man mate you know that!

Not sure about that mate... Johnny is our man at the factory with his feelers out  :)

Well if you look in the topic from ERTL Erik you can spot the prototype in his picture´s i won´t say wich one but the real massey man should know what it is! :P :P :P

• 3 weeks later...

I pulled my low loader in the local 'Over Carnival' today... just one picture to share as we ran out of time to make any more  :-[

DSC_2873.jpg

Mavis was also in it... but I didn't take any pictures  :-[  so was one of my 7.5t trucks in actual fact... again no pictures  :-[

Needless to say... Hattie won  :P  ... much to the annoyance of some of the others.. village life gets a little competitive at times  :D :D :D :D  ... We won last year as well... I'm thinking about having it written on the bonnet  ::):D :D :D