A bit of work in Essex

Smithy140

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we haven't left any straw in the swaff for a long time because the last time we did this happened. we decided to this year but i think we will carry on as we do still get paid for it whatever happens.

as soon as the straw comes out the back of the combine its thier responsibiltiy. that there policy. they have been very good to us really. as I said when they bale the oat straw they're picking it up immediatley.

bit of relief if its not your loss. nice collection pf pictures again ;)

Again some nice updates there. A good harvest so far then by the looks of things, fire aside.

I went into wheat on Wed, didn't do anything yesterday and going again today. Another chap this way, big contractor has had a bad start with a large acreage even with four Lexions! Only finished rape yesterday I think it was!

Some good pictures of your very tidy machinery - looks like a good operation you have there.  ;)

well we do try  :D if it had been a couple of years ago it wasn't as good to be honest. its much better as we have updated a fair bit of main machinery in the past year

we finished harvest tonight. we finished on a bit of spring barley for someone else and the picture says it all. the first one is the bits we had to leave. the second (poor quality i know) is the last bit goging in the combine  :D

post-2109-132639146789_thumb.jpg

post-2109-132639146822_thumb.jpg

A nice topic this is, Will. Modest machinery on a well farmed farm by the looks of it. So that's it for another year harvest wise is it? What will you do with yourself?! :D

Do you direct drill yourself or will a contractor be brought in for that?

A nice topic this is, Will. Modest machinery on a well farmed farm by the looks of it. So that's it for another year harvest wise is it? What will you do with yourself?! :D

Do you direct drill yourself or will a contractor be brought in for that?

yep thats it for harvest this year. I got plenty to do for the next frotnight discing and rolling before I go back to school for my last year. our neighbouring farmer John Gaymer is coming in this year with his cat 765b (pictures will be taken) and subsoiler to drill it but next year we are going to have a go with our newly purchased kebble brothers cultivator

sorry but i only managed to get 1 picture of the cat as i was too busy trying to keep up with him rolling the rape in. had to do 65 acres twice. so bored i nearly fell asleep. anyway 2 pics. 1 of the cat and the other of my rolling outfit. (somehow I have kept hold of the case although I think my dad wants it back soon :D)

post-2109-132639153017_thumb.jpg

post-2109-132639153019_thumb.jpg