A bit of work in Essex

Smithy140

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well a quick update. haven't been up to much lately as school has taken over  :(

firstly one of inside the 526s

Image124.jpg

then went to see my cousin spraying today so one of his outfit. A chafer E-series sprayer

Image125.jpg

coupled to a John Deere 6630

Image126.jpg

and then lastly the 526s waiting to fill the drill of which we finished drilling today

Image097.jpg

Right new update. I'm on half term this week but am only here til thursday then we are off to devon for the week  ;)

My first job was to clean everything up and put it away for the winter

Firstly the roll nice and clean

Image140.jpg

Then I had to do the drill and the powerharrow hadnt been cleaned for a few years so had to get all this dust off

Image141.jpg

I picked the drill up with the 6510 but as you can see this didnt leave alot of wieght on the front and the back tyres were fairly bulged :D

Image142.jpg

Image143.jpg

Also we got a new toy yesterday. brand spanking new hardi master 1200. 18m booms. here are a few pictures  ;)

Image153.jpg

Image154.jpg

not much of a gap between tractor and spray which suggests why its on an A frame

Image155.jpg

the control box. Dad saw this and said as long as i know how to turn each section on and off, turn the sprayer off completely and adjust pressure I don't care. (it takes him a little while to adjust to new technology  :D )

Image156.jpg

Image157.jpg

some nice kit by the way i feel your pain about the dad issue mine has answered a few texts in his time  :D  aswell as having a heart attack every time the cases warning buzzer goes off for the indicator being left on :D  nice sprayer mightnt like too much of an over hang especially on hills bit of a curse for hitching up

Take a picture of the A frame for me, cause if they have given you the old design i'll advise you to return and demand the new design, our sprayer the same but with only 15 m booms landed on her back down the road at 30mph!! Not good, good job only roundup in it. fish in the river didn;t seem to mind ha ha!

Thanks lads

@Denis086- yeah dad ain't too bad once he gets used to things. the new tractor was a nightmare with all the buttons and switches to use  :D

@deere-est- Should of seen me overalls and face when i had finished. looked like i had been crapped on by a cow  :D  Its an 18m machine as we have some small fields and also we have a Kuhn aero 2218 so we'd have to change that if we had a 24m machine  ;)

@Murray- yeah its looks like a fair tool. She looks well built and should do us for a few years.

@modelfarmer- OK I will do when we take ti off cause i cant get to it at the mo. its looks OK though but thanks for letting us know  ;)

• 1 month later...

well long time no posts so I am planning to make up for it over the christmas period. Also we have just purchased a new marston grain trailer after hte other one was stolen  >:(:( 

So here goes, getting oats out of bins the other week only 2 pictures to start with  ;)

Firstly the 6510 on the sucker blower- does sound good running it i must admit

Image013.jpg

then the blower itself, been on the farm a few years now i think

Image017.jpg

ive used one of those sucker/blowers once, thankfully i never had to use it again as i was only covering for someone. The vents on the pipe had been left open and a load of rats got in, they managed to jam the feed rollers, not a very nice job pulling dead rats out!!!!!!!!