A bit of work in Essex

Smithy140

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As per previous comments, that's a very tidy ride you have there Will, look forward to seeing more photographs of it during the course of the year. :)

Thanks mate  :)  ;)  I'm so pleased with it, oh don't you worry there will be plently more pics of it throughout the summer

That is good looking new tractor you have there, very good choice :) 

Texas

I knew you would comment on this one bas  :P  They are good tractors though aren't they, can't wait to use it properly  ;D

oooo nice  :P  i had the pleasure of carting maize with a mx 135 back octorber time pulling a 14t trailer  :P  nd i found she sounded nicer if you dipped the clutch every time you go up the split  ;)  o and keep the right window open at all times  ;D  sooo to hear that luvvvly cumins purring  :P  i cant wait nw im off on wrok placement in 2 weeks ,contracting  :)  they got like 30 odd tractors and 3 foragers  :P  cant wait haha  :)

Oh they are very nice to drive rich, brings a smile to my face everytime my right foot moves, you get the bellow of the cummins followed by the slight whistle of the turbo  ;D  ;D  sounds like your gonna have one helluva summer! 

looks good Will

nice ride  ;) 

Thanks jack, she is nice  ;D

Is it replacing the JD Will? Quite a late 120 too - enjoy!

Nope sadly thats staying  :P  It replacing a ford, i say a ford as we havent yet decided which one to get rid of yet, it's between the 6610 and the 7710. Yeah its a Y plate so not too late as to have too much new holland in it if you get me  ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Well I thought some pictures of the tractor were due again so here they are  :)

Looks so much better with all the new tires on, had the marston on her yesterday and it didn't even know it was theren  :P

10052010046.jpg

also painted the wheels so they are shiny now

10052010047.jpg

Then one of the cab

10052010049.jpg

Also we decided as my wheels are bigger than the maxxums ones we swapped my mudguards round for the ones on the maxxum so now they cover my wheels better

10052010048.jpg

looking good will

are you going to put anything on the front linkage

Cheers mate, well we think we will remove it and put a set of wieghts on it at the moment as although its a big tractor case's are renound for being light on the front  ;)

Very nice looking Maxxum,  8)

Thanks, looks quite beefy i think

you have done a great job of her will  :)

Cheers mate, definatly been worth it!  ;D

Drove a 120 for about 6 years. like others have said just leave the window open a bit, always made me smile. :) :)

Ohh yes, I don't think you can get a better engine note than a cummins six pot, the other say our JD 6510 sounds good but I don't think its got anything on the MX  :)  ;)

Tidy machine buddy. A few happy ours are going to be spent in that. Will this be the first tractor you can refer to as 'your own' so to speak?

Thanks Tris, yeah this is the first tractor that I can say is my own, I think its better like that as you tend to look after it better if its your own machine  :)

• 2 weeks later...