Whats the crop.

BGU

Ok before anyone moans I did not take any tractor pictures on my visit to Normandy, although I saw loads and loads. Everyone seems to have one to tow a boat. The roadworks use them with trailers instead of lorries..

Anyway we saw lots of fields that the crop had been cut on and left flat to dry. They had a distinctive stripe pattern where they had been harvested in each direction. The crop had a stalk about three feet long with a round "ball" on the top.

We did see a machine harvesting it, looked like a modified tractor, it was cutting the stalks and throwing them up over it's rear wheels.

So its over to you.....................

Another crop it could be, if the top had 'balls' on, if they were green and spikey it could be Jerusalem Artichokes, like big thistle heads.

I dont think you would dry these though? You use these for their roots so I would think they would be harvested like potatoes? Maybe you mean Globe artichokes?