NEW MASSEY FERGUSON 7490

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so when the britains model comes theres a lot more to the convo than getting the bonnet right,like the front linkage,i think pma have one out with the angled rams but if it costs in excess of 15 quid then it makes the model dearer,so front weights all round then? to be honest if there bringing out the small version bonnet then its not much advantage to us convo men as i could easily do that convo from a 5480 bonnet,and if its like the 6290 then we have a good bonnet but bad model...

more,the exhaust is a class outer piece and the top is from a 5480 inner piece,its not fixed permanently yet as i only got the decals on yesterday so a few small things still to do

post-1779-13263914015_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639140196_thumb.jpg

more,the recessed bit at front of bonnet sides was engraved using the dremel fine engraver,was hard to get this right,original 5480 light holes were filled and bonnet deepened and new lightholes drilled,gettig the bonnet to "waist" in the middle was one of the hardest parts,getting the two sides exactly the same and working to 3 or 4 differnt points,there was times i didnt know if it was going to be successful at all

post-1779-132639140221_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639140267_thumb.jpg

amazing, i just saw a brand new 1 one of them in the local mf dealer, wbd farm machinery, exact same.

well done

:o what can i say? you should work for britains, siku or uh or someone then myabe we would get decent trailed foragers and tractor models

^^^true ;)

With this bonnet size i can make the 6485  6490   6495  6497  6499 7485  7490 and 7495 models...the real models have all exactly the same wheelbase,exactly the same lenght and height as each other.well the 7485 7490 and 7495 are 23 mm longer in real life i think because of different link arms,so the above models will be available with either black or grey chassis,s