JOHN DEERE 670i were is it?

MATTY 7530

Well, I got to say that the new T670I looks like a beautiful model! Love all the detail that Siku has put into it, and yet it is not a Precision! I love the tires on the combine as well, Siku did a nice job. Real glad the grain tank covers open on this model. 

In all retrospects, Siku may not be as fine detailed as say UH or Wilkings but they sure know how to add detail to there models. The Siku T670I is definately a better looking model then Ertl/Britains  STS models, and Yes Ertl/Britains do a nice job as well BUT I believe( my opnion only) that Siku has out done Britains with this T670I as well as doing a JD Conventional combine instead of always doing the STS's.

I have longed for a toy manufactuer to step up a do another modern JD conventional machine and finally they have.... Thanks a million SIKU, you came through on a remarkable model! One thing for the future, is I would love to see an 8 row corn head for it. 

I can tell you this though, Siku's T670I sure blows away Britains 1/32nd 2266 that was put out in 2000. I was let down on that model and Finally some one did a nicely detailed mid sized combine with very nice detail. I wish Britains spent a little more time on detailing the 2266 as it it's an interesting machine as well.

Looks like I will be upgrading the old 32nd 2266 to a Brand new T670I for the 2010 harvest, seeing as it won't make it for the 2009 fall harvest, at least over here in old Canada.

Take Care Jason B

good points there jason 8) i know the 2266 lacked detail but didnt it come from the ertl side?

Yes, I think the 2266 did come from Ertl's side, I know the 2266 was sold in North America in an Ertl Box with pictures of the real deal on the Back. In Europe I believe the 2266 was sold in a Britains box.

I do have to say the 2266's grain head was designed a little bit tougher with the plastic gears to drive the reel on the head, compared to that cheap think rubber belt that Ertl/Britains used on the S690I, 9880I STS etc. Wish they would change that.

Still, I guess I got my hopes up when the 2266 came out, as I was really hoping for the added detail. Ertl/Britans later 32nd Deere combines are much more detailed and you can clearly see they are improving as time goes on. Do wish Ertl would continue the 32nd Precision combine series, but I still think Siku has Britains beat on detail.