Adjustable top links

catkom3

Question

Somebody was looking for top link's the other day,I did a forum search but found nothing. I use these brass adjustable link's,left hand thread on one end right hand on the other,you should get them in any model shop that does boats,old sailing boats with rigging,because these are acctualy rope tensioners  ::) I think,but perfect for 1/32nd scale tractors

Adjustabletoplink1.jpg

Adjustabletoplink2.jpg

Regards

Joe.

Meant to say there about £ 1.80 each

17 answers to this question

I've just bought a few from eBay and the seller has three different lengths. The longest ones seem like they would be ok for 1:16 models and the middle size ones for 1:32. The cross-hole is ideal to insert a short brass rod as would be on a real top-link for the turnbuckle adjustment. Will have to see what's what when they arrive. If they are as good as they look and do what we want them to do then we will be able to improve hitching of implements and actually level them even more like the real thing. Thanks to that man for finding them and bringing to our attention.  ;)

I, m glad you guy's like them,and like powerrabbit said you can put a bar through them and level your implement,just like the real thing,here's an other picture taken with the front top link off the UH Massey 8690,for scale

Adjustabletoplink3.jpg

Regards

Joe.

Have had a trawl around various model supply shop sites and none seem to have these listed so I would hazzard a guess that the chap on eBay is the only one selling them. He goes under the trade name of Miskin Models and his website is www.plankonframe.com and has a mobile phone number 07758 650754 if this information is of use to you all. This is on the label on the bags they come in.

I would say that the 20mm ones are about right for 1:32 stuff, I have just finished building a linkage hitch on the UH Puma trimmer/vergecutter I bought from Nathan and they fit the top-link clevice on the machine perfectly. I'll take a pic of it later and post it up so all can see what it's like.