John Deere 8R models

FNHIR

very true tris, seems weird they do them in 64th and some 16ths even. but never any 32nd stuff, bar the balers and sprayer thought jd would have pushed them

Very true indeed, i just keep wonder why they (Ertl) dont want to make more money..i mean they must know that almost the whole Europe collects 1/32  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

An Ertl flyer, but no doubt 1:32 variants will appear in Britains boxes.

The 8000R probably will, but I doubt if the 8020 will do, and we've already had a 7820, albeit in single wheeled form.

As for cultivators and drills, I think there is too much JD in the range already,  what is needed is some European tackle.

yes i agree with you there ploughmaster, there are to many jd models in the current rc2/britains range,they do need other makes in the line up , but it still makes you wonder why jd havnt pushed for more implements in the range as per the other scales we might not see to many jd seeders and like in the uk, but they are out in europe i belive

For Ertl implements don't sell, hence concentrating on tractors. Never forget the bulk of Ertl's income is from North American sales and Americans don't do 1/32. We should be happy they introduce new models regularly, even if they are just new stickers on the side of old models. If people really didn't like the Ertl/Britains product they wouldn't sell much and would either go bust or change their output.

I agree with the amount of Deere stuff being a bit on the heavy side but with this flyer being for NA releases and containing 1/32 items I just feel the odd harrow or drill in place of every decal option on a combine, or tractor would compliment the range rather than expand it further. Deere implements are popular in the US and I think the models would follow suit. The tractors in 1/32 obviously are for another release.

I don't think that's true at all. Look at the names over recent years to be offered, Spearhead, AS Trailers, Simba, Vaderstad. . . Aswell as the working partnership Andy has forged.

This flyer is NA releases don't forget, entirely seperately run to the EU operation.

fair enough its a john deere flyer and this topic is about the new range of tractors but they dont seem to release the same amount of models from any other manufacturer.

Im not fussed about britains/rc2 and im not knocking any work andy has/is doing with them but i feel the way they treat the european collector is terrible, how many years do people have to complain about a hitch? And then theres the actual toy/model looking like the real machine.

Thats just my opinion!

I do go part way to agreeing with you, I have the same gripes as everyone else regarding functions and at times accuracy.

RC2 in Europe at least need a 'collectors range' ran in conjuction with but a little more thorough than the current 'toy' range.

i think at times they try to be everything but what is frustrating about this topic and the north american flyer is when it comes to europe they wont release no where near the amount of models, its almost like europe is not worth the effort or theyre too afraid to compete.

The amount of jd kit in europe i would have expected a little more enthusiasm from them.

Britains make toys, nothing less, nothing more.

Ertl do not see the European market being as lucrative as North America and I can see why when they can get their product into Walmart and stack 'em high sell 'em cheap. Ertl make lots of Deere models because a) Deere want them to and B) they sell well. Britains have made many small line British models over the years and continue to do so, we should be greatfull for that.

• 3 weeks later...

On closer inspection of the flyer I notice we are to get an 8295 wheeled tractor in 1/32 but inexplicabily its a rehash of the awful 8330 model >:(

Sure its got the new cab but looks to have the wrong wheels back & front and my personal hate is the ridiculous wide set rear wheels >:(  I just hope that they also rehash the 8530 prestige model with the new 8R cab, decals lights etc which shouldnt be too hard ;)  mind you i did think the 8430 tracked model britains made was acceptable so I will defer final judgement until we see an 8345RT model (fingers and everything else firmly crossed ;D)