SCOTTISH PLOUGHING CHAMPIONSHIPS 2009 AT BRECHIN RESCHEDULED TO 31OCT & 1ST NOV

BC

Now this pair from Dunbar show how not to get stuck mind you its an Nash not a Fergie or Dexta ;D ;D

01112009024.jpg

01112009025.jpg

The loading area

01112009026.jpg

Sye Bruce's lorry loaded up and ready to go home with the first load of static's from the Mearn's Vintage Vehicle club at 11 am the time I decided  to head for home

01112009027.jpg

did you see my bosses there Bill. Micheal and Andrew Mackay. id asume that it was Micheal ploughing tractor like this

I'm afraid not Murray walking around was not even easy and I never managed to get to the vintage trailing section. A shame that the weather spoiled the Scottish Nationsl match but we have no control over the weather

Thanks for sharing your exellent photographs Bill, considering the weather. Some very commited match ploughmen and spectators alike there, and some tidy and one or two familiar machines out to do battle despite the terrible conditions. Never seen anything like that water logged rig at a match before.

Thanks for sharing your exellent photographs Bill, considering the weather. Some very commited match ploughmen and spectators alike there, and some tidy and one or two familiar machines out to do battle despite the terrible conditions. Never seen anything like that water logged rig at a match before.

Thanks David..didn't manage to drop the camera in the mud but really I was needing wipers for my glasses ;) ;)

I see you had some of the Irish judges over there too!

Oh I heard an Irish or accent or too Colm. You could tell a judge not by their badge but their clipboard in a poly bag ;) ;)

I spoke to one Irish chap with a Dexta who had given up amd was laoding up. He said there were 4 of them over with tractors and plough and there was another Irish chap in the reversibles.