PDC 699 kit MJB1's attempt

well a couple of years ago i stunned the conversion world with my MF 699 conversion  :o :o :o well when i say stunned it created a mild intrest  :-\

but now captain capon has released a 699kit  >:(  i knew i should have got the parts cast  ::)

well here goes

took a bit of finding amongst the parts but but found my donor tractor a 2680 chassis bar type axle  first job was to remove & save front weights then cut down where the slant is

PDC699KITSmall.jpg

i next cleaned the parts from excess resin & placed onto chassis for a better idea of what's going on

PDC699KIT2Small.jpg

cab doesn't quite sit down onto floorpan so as instructed by paul a cut had to be made in front of the dash area approx where an indentation is for the old 2000 series cab

PDC699KIT3Small.jpg

cab now sit comfortably on floorpan

PDC699KIT4Small.jpg

a bit more cutting was needed to fit the bonnet , i left excess metal work in place as it's easier to cut more off than  try to add it back on !

PDC699KIT2Small.jpg

excess removed & now the bonnet sits right

PDC699KIT9Small.jpg

paul has built the kit for the front axle to stay as it is if you so wish but i wanted to use a proper steering axle  so more modifications have to be made , the first step included breaking my original 699  :'( :'( :'(  darn you capon  :'(

PDC699KIT1Small.jpg

because of the way the siku 5455 axle is tooled a recess had to be filed down where the old britains axle pin went the reason for this is there are two little pin lugs cast into the siku axle & will need them to allow the 699 axle to have latteral movement 

PDC699KIT5Small.jpg

once filed down to the depth i wanted i drilled holes from the front of the axle casting for the axle pins

PDC699KIT8Small.jpg

slightly splay the casting apart to let axle drop intp place ,unfortunately the bonnet bottom pannels also has to be filed into to allow the fitting of this axle , if it works right then the steering bar on the axle will be cut to incorperate the 2680 steering wheel bar so it will retain steering from the cab

PDC699KIT7Small.jpg

PDC699KIT6Small.jpg

this is how she looks so far , i'll post more up as & when things are done

PDC699KIT10Small.jpg

thee front weight block will be fixed back when time allows

PDC699KIT11Small.jpg

great start marcus, coming on well.  Paul has hit on something with mf kits.

too right dan , if he can build for the clip n fit market for readily available chassis' then the options really are endless . i think the next purchase for me will be the 3000 series kit  :)  be rude not to .

also with a bit of trimming here & there the 600 kit could be adapted to any of the range for any chassis