Can anyone guess what machine this is?

smallclaas

Cougar is an amazing machine but only if you have fields to use it in that are large enough no matter how many mowers u fold up the least mowers you are running in theory that is wasting a machine because you arnt utilising it for what it was made for and the cost of it in first place

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree MFFan but say you are moving a 50acre field, with power lines crossing it, Tractor has to stop when it get's to the base of a pole, lift mower reverse and drive around the pole and drop mower and continue. Cougar keeps moving, lifts one mower passes pole and lowers it to continue, a nice straight swath, and if your tight with your grass just imagine how much extra grass you save. The Cougar also reduces ground compaction. A tractor with a triple mower still crosses twice as much ground as the Cougar.

The Cougar is the best mowing device on the common market, better than a BIG M although some contractors prefer a BIG M because it is a bit smaller, It has out sold the Vredo models of SPM's as they arn't built as much as the Cougars. And don't seem to of caught on. The butterfly mowers - Claas/ Nieymeyer/ JD etc cause more compaction as smallclaas mentioned, and any trailed/mounted mowers don't come close and no where near as wide, loosing time and money, so Claas have it all sewn up for the time being, until Krone unveil a new SPM maybe? ... ;)

It'll be intresting to see how many Cougars to eventually sell. It reminds me of a conversation I had with a local contractor about 15 years ago! I was talking about the Claas Jag, he said it'll never catch on to big and heavy for the small fields, 15 years later the same guy has a BigM and two Claas jags! I reminded him of what he said, his reply well you've got to move with what the farmer wants!