Sowing nitrogen gas with 80ft Janke seeder in NSW

kojak

Some seriously big kit your working with there. how wide does it fold up to on the road  ???

We didn't take this baby on public roads as it was too wide even when folded. It was only used on the property and even then it had to be taken cross country sometimes too avoid a few narrow bridges on roads over bore drains. When transporting it had to be driven very slowly about 8kms 9 max because there's a lot of weight hanging in mid air.

513132027a3979689057b643677911lMedi.jpg

nice gps block on the top of your cab  :D  :D 

Y'all didn't think I was serious did ya  ;D ;D

When direct drilling the rig is set up so as to place the seed between the stubble of last years crop, so you gotta have gps. Apart from the cost efficiency lots of farmers use tramlining so the tractors, spray rigs and combines all travel on the same tracks.  Row spacings on dry broadacre can be very wide, these were at 6in but I've sowed wheat at 12in spacings in Qld.  Before gps, in large paddocks they sowed from the headland in, going round in circles 'til they reached the middle.

Example of sowing between last years rows and row spacing. The rig is a little 40ft gason rig pulled with a Case 395.

40backviewofthe40footer.jpg

Love the way you say 'little 40ft seeder' as if to say that its nothing  :D  yeah we all knew you were joking about the GPS  :D  that 80ft thingy looks even bigger folded up  :D  I can imagine its pretty scary when you go over a bump with that lot in the air which explains why you go so slow