Whats the deal with Britains?

kojak

And they have been continually going downhill to date (in my own opinion) but are being 're-educated' or at least informed. Although climbing up the hill again could take some considerable time as they are in the main manufacturers of toys and not models as such, or at least where farm stuff is concerned. (Precision models being the exception but that is another facet of the polygon).

Thanks fellas that explains a few things. I couldn't work why the ford 5000, 7000 and 7600 had crappy looking hitches and fixed axles when the old 6600 model hadn't. Sad about britains though they were the leaders for years when I was a kid.

Thanks fellas that explains a few things. I couldn't work why the ford 5000, 7000 and 7600 had crappy looking hitches and fixed axles when the old 6600 model hadn't. Sad about britains though they were the leaders for years when I was a kid.

Well girls and boys, a twenty year absence and the first points Cliff raise. . .

Just goes to show the flaws arn't only noticed by us obsessives!

Still, we are in limbo at the moment and awaiting good news about some of the problems. Cliff, Andy (Our Big Cheese) has meetings I think twice a year with personel from the Britains branch of RC2 and over the past couple of years it has been said our feedback is having a positive effect on future releases :)

Hope they get it sorted because for me its a big disappointment. I was about to order one each of the 5000 and 7000 and two of the 7600's until looked at some pictures on a US retailer site.....now I'm not so sure. Whats the point in having a model that doesn't steer???? Can the hitches be retrofited with the old britains type? 

when i heard about the 5000,7000 and 7600 being released i was so excited, instead i was gutted. Not only is the exhaust in the wrong place on the 76 but they look wrong in every respect apart from colour.

Having driven the real tractors these models are a very poor representation.

I would agree 20 years ago they started to loose it, but thats when Siku started to become easily available in the UK.

it went down hill since rc2 took over ..and ertl are to blame as well...britains were brill till the mid to end of the 90s

That rose-tinted view isn't exactly correct either, Britains lost the plot in the 90s, very little new releases and those that were introduced shared chasses with older tractors, making them inaccurate

Well girls and boys, a twenty year absence and the first points Cliff raise. . .

Just goes to show the flaws arn't only noticed by us obsessives!

Still, we are in limbo at the moment and awaiting good news about some of the problems. Cliff, Andy (Our Big Cheese) has meetings I think twice a year with personel from the Britains branch of RC2 and over the past couple of years it has been said our feedback is having a positive effect on future releases :)

Britains want to get on top again .......We want to see them get better again ....And ANDY certainly wants to see them deliver      ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D    ::) ::):D;D ;D ;D    [or its the pink dress